Boot Problems

dispatched

n00b
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
17
I built this rig last December, and have since installed Windows 7. Everything has run very smoothly until today. I power the system on, I hear the POST beep, it loads my motherboard's boot screen normally, but at the point where Windows would begin starting up it lags for a minute or two and then displays, "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Inset Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"

Upon entering the BIOS I discovered that my boot HD is not being detected. Power and SATA cables are connected securely on both ends.

So did my HD just brick or what?

It's a 1TB disk with two partitions on it, and I could care less about losing the boot partition, but there was about 800GB of data that I would really like to be able to recover.

Any help would be greatly appreciated [H]
 
Back
Top