Boot Failure: BIOS is not compatible with hardware using current settings

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Joined
Jan 28, 2014
Messages
54,637
Hello.

I consider myself pretty fluent in how computer hardware works, but this one has me stumped.

I have a Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H updated to the F9 UEFI, and just this past weekend I get the message in the forum title on boot. It then presents me with the option to load optimized defaults, load system defaults, or enter BIOS. When I enter the BIOS and force it to boot from my primary hard drive, Windows 7 boots fine and everything is working flawlessly. Yet I continue to get this message every time I boot.

I currently have a LG Blu-ray RW drive connected to SATA 0, with my primary and storage hard drives connected to SATA 1 and 2 respectively. This is how I configured it at build time and I have never had any issues up until this point. It's no big deal if I have to deal with this manual boot every time, but I'm just concerned that it may be a sign of a bigger issue. If I could get the convenience of an automated boot back, that would be even better.

I plan to open it up to troubleshoot a fan controller problem, so I'll take a look at all my connections at that point. Any other ideas as to what could be the problem are welcome.

Thanks.

BTW, I have had no hardware changes in this machine for almost 4 months now...
 
If i was to guess, your motherboard is trying to boat to a gpt partition by default. While your windows 7 drive is most likely a mbr partition.
 
It is an MBR partition, and always has been. I originally built this system back in December with no hardware changes for about 4 months now, and this issue just started this past weekend.
 
Update:
I finally took apart my computer and reseated everything. That didn't solve the problem, but I noticed that my CPU was stuck at 3.594 GHz for some reason. I reset the BIOS and changed the settings back to where they were at and now everything is working as it should now. Really odd issue... I don't have any indication as to why this happened.
 
Back
Top