• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Boot disk failure

clownvomit

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
448
So I've had my p4 oc'ed from 3.06 to 3.68 for some time now simply because everytime I tried to get the fsb past 160 (x23< I cant change the multiplier) the mobo resets itself to stock (133).

So I monkeyed with the timings and I can get the fsb to 165 (3.75) but then I get a boot disk error, please insert orgional blah blah blah.

Its a sata 160gb hd, and everythinig else seems fine. Is there a way around this or am I stuck?
 
_Korruption_ said:
Unlocked PCI bus is my guess.

Yep, this is what happens when either the lock isnt working or it doesnt have one. Same thing happened to me on my Abit UL8.
 
ok, so I tryed that, and now I can't even oc to my original oc or 3.68.

Did I fry some memory? Everest still has it showing up.
 
Back
Top