Boot Camp problem

Hey guys,

So, I have a problem which very imminently needs a solution. A friend of mine's MacBook Pro was previously set up with Boot Camp and XP 32-Bit. Then, the hard drive crashed and all was lost. However, it now has a fresh install of Leopard (which includes Boot Camp), so everything should work, right? No! I can get XP to go through the entire install and restart, but then I get an error message:

"Disk Error"
"No Boot Drive" (or something to that effect)
"Press any key to restart"

and then it won't respond to pressing any key. I searched around to see if anyone had similar problems, but can only find people offering tutorials on how it works correctly.

Any ideas!!!??? I need to get this set up by Monday morning, because this computer needs to download software for the New York Bar by Monday!!!

Thanks.

How was the drive formatted/partitioned? Did you set it with boot camp or did you do it manually? I'm just curious. Normally, I partition the drive myself using the disk utility (one Mac partition and one FAT partition)then I install Windows afterwards by booting from the Windows disk. Not sure if that makes a difference but you never know.

How was the drive formatted/partitioned? Did you set it with boot camp or did you do it manually? I'm just curious. Normally, I partition the drive myself using the disk utility (one Mac partition and one FAT partition)then I install Windows afterwards by booting from the Windows disk. Not sure if that makes a difference but you never know.

I formatted it through the boot camp utility, and gave XP 10 GB of room (FAT system)... I was thinking about trying it with NTFS, but it really shouldn't make a difference.

Back