Boot camp OS install doesn't work

P!rate

Move Like a MoFo
So I partitioned my hard drive 50g so i could install windows on it and keep mac osx at the same time. For three days now I've been trying to install it, and it just doesn't work. With windows 7, I tried two seperate legit copies, and whenever it gets to the completing installation screen (after restart), about 2 minutes later it freezes and won't continue. I tried installing it MULTIPLE times, and left it running for 2 hours after freezing to no avail.

I just tried an old xp disc I had, and that didn't work either..

Anyone know what I can do??

edit: in xp it said "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area"

I can't think of anything except make sure your software, especially boot camp, is up to date.

Yeah I've done that.. Now I just "bought" vista, just to see if its a problem with the OS as I heard vista could work. The others are completely legit though.

So I partitioned my hard drive 50g so i could install windows on it and keep mac osx at the same time. For three days now I've been trying to install it, and it just doesn't work. With windows 7, I tried two seperate legit copies, and whenever it gets to the completing installation screen (after restart), about 2 minutes later it freezes and won't continue. I tried installing it MULTIPLE times, and left it running for 2 hours after freezing to no avail.

I just tried an old xp disc I had, and that didn't work either..

Anyone know what I can do??

edit: in xp it said "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area"

What Mac do you have?

Do you have another computer at your disposal?

Yeah what mac do you have and are you trying to install Win 7 64bit or 32? A mac with a 50gb harddrive sounds pretty old, it may not support bootcamp.

What Mac do you have?

Do you have another computer at your disposal?

Another mac? No, but the windows 7 disk I have I know works as I had used it on my old pc.

And I have macbook pro 13 december 2010, tried to install windows 7 64, and my xp was 32

That system should be plenty, he's just talking that he setup a 50 GB partition for his bootcamp install... not that there was only a 50 GB disk in there.

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area would generally indicate 2 things to me, heat and/or memory chip failure or beginnings of failure.

That system should be plenty, he's just talking that he setup a 50 GB partition for his bootcamp install... not that there was only a 50 GB disk in there.

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area would generally indicate 2 things to me, heat and/or memory chip failure or beginnings of failure.

Humm, well installing vista atm, so we will see how that goes I guess

Wow this is bullshit, vista, the one I just "bought", works, while the other ones I bought I didn't.

I have lost faith in computing.

Wow this is bullshit, vista, the one I just "bought", works, while the other ones I bought I didn't.

I have lost faith in computing.

Are your Windows 7 installs w/ SP1 included?

Back