Boot Camp 2.1 is out!

I couldn't find any list of changes beyond "improving compatibility and fixing bugs." It seems that it is required for XP users who want to upgrade to SP3 next week.

Thanks for the info, downloading the update now.

It seems there is now compatibility with Vista x64...

When you install, it appears to reinstall your drivers as well. I'm not sure if they are newer/better/shinier though.

EDIT: Some of the drivers are definitely updated. E.g. the date on the driver on my Radeon x1600 is now 18 Dec 2007, which is after the last bootcamp version release (26 October 2007, according to Wikipedia)

Are their new drivers with this?

Do I need to install the old drivers from the Leopard DVD first, then run this update? Or Can I install this update from a fresh copy of windows?

Thx

I believe you need to install the boot camp drivers from the Leopard disc first. Then you update the drivers using the Apple Software Update for Windows.

i just installed windows xp sp3 + DirectX 10 on my MBP today with this. I can't tell any changes.. they didnt even add a windows fan control, or tap-clicking which are two very much needed features...

it updated after i had installed the drivers from the original leopard disc

yeah, apple still won't give us tap to click. i mean, how hard is it to add to their drivers. they had it on some of the boot camp beta versions, why the hell did they remove it? also, give us the two-finger right-click damn it!!!

yeah, apple still won't give us tap to click. i mean, how hard is it to add to their drivers. they had it on some of the boot camp beta versions, why the hell did they remove it? also, give us the two-finger right-click damn it!!!

Steve didnt approve :p

Also, I want the ability to turn off the trackpad if I have a USB mouse plugged in. :(

Yeah, that's what I wanted more than anything. I used to use Boot Camp solely for gaming and it was a PITA to accidently swipe the touchpad while I was trying to play a FPS or something. I ended up getting an Xbox 360 and don't use Boot Camp anymore, though.

Yeah, that's what I wanted more than anything. I used to use Boot Camp solely for gaming and it was a PITA to accidently swipe the touchpad while I was trying to play a FPS or something. I ended up getting an Xbox 360 and don't use Boot Camp anymore, though.

USB keyboard FTW

These 2.1 drivers just updates some files for compatibility issues with newer Macs and WinXP SP3.

according to makel.org there are the following updates in BC 2.1:

AppleControlPanel.exe
AppleOSSMgr.exe
appletimesrv.exe
BelgiumA.dll
BootCamp.Resources_XX.lproj_BootCampHelp.chm
BootCamp.Resources_XX.lproj_Resources.dll
XX.dll
KbdMgr.exe
KeyAgent.sys
MacHALDriver.sys
BCLocUpdateEnable.exe

The ONLY difference that I could see was that LED keyboard lit up smoothly much like I was in OSX.

No video drivers were updated however, you can download the drivers from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18338

Get the modified INF File and download the Executables...
NOTE: I AM USING a MBPro with SantaRosa Chipset + Nvidia 8600M GT

Don't attempt to use this update on ATI, or a MB.

With this Nvidia Driver, for those who care to hibernate their MBPro now can without the Video Playback issues that the former drivers have been causing.

Closing the LID still leaves the LCD on if you set it to 'do nothing' in your power settings...

Anyone know how to get the LID to shut off in Bootcamp XP??

I just installed vista ultimate 64-bit on my spankin new imac 3.06 using boot camp 2.1. unfortunately, drivers for the 8800gs are nowhere to be found, and the ones from nvidia.com don't work. even tried omega drivers, which also didn't work. anyone know if they exist anywhere at this time? i don't really want to go to 32-bit.

Bah, and this is after I used my Vista license to install the 32-bit version. Can I reinstall and change it to the 64-bit version or is my Vista key forever tied to a 32-bit install now?

Bah, and this is after I used my Vista license to install the 32-bit version. Can I reinstall and change it to the 64-bit version or is my Vista key forever tied to a 32-bit install now?

Vista keys are interchangable between 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

Only thing that matters is the version: Home, Business, Ultimate...

Back