books suggesions

XBLiNKX

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to get a few books to read up on

linux(shell scripts)
CSS and maybe other stuff used for webdesign
Photoshop

I would like books that give good examples as I learn better from examples. Any suggestions on some books I can order from amazon.com?

go over to a local book store and take a look at the books for yourself. there are many different skill and detail level of books out there so its hard to suggest whats right for you. just find one that looks right for you and buy it.

Without recommending a book I would recommend bookpool.com rather than amazon (unless you have a gift cert) typically when amazon lists the book at 30% off MSRP bookpool will have it 38-39% off.

I am not affilated with bookpool and one of the ways they keep prices low is that they do not have a referal/affilate program at all. I have bought several books from them though and have been happy with the transactions.

Like james said, check them out at your local bookstores to see which books you prefer, since the biggest difference between a couple books on the same subject is the thoroughness and the style of the author. I don't usually buy from bookstores because all the good computer related books generally cost 40-50 bucks a peice, but just use them to find which books I like then order them online. Amazon has a good selection, as well as many other places, I've even found some really great deals on my Cisco PIX book and Complete FreeBSD book from wal-marts website, but they have a more limited selection. Some of the best known publishers are O'Rielly, SAMS, Cisco Press, Peachpit Press but theres many more. For a shell scripting book, I have a few, and some of them don't cover many of the different shells own scripting, so you'll need to really look through the book you choose for that subject.

Back