Bookmarks and favorites vanish...

Max-Powers

Gawd
Using moozilla firefox. been working fine. I do my usual stuff, open up firefox to get on the net, and my quick link tabs under the address bar are gone. and all my bookmarks are gone too. What happend? any way to recover this? I am kinda upset. anything like this happend to anyone? my cookies are still there, didnt have to sign in again to post here... I use the newest version

My dad had this happen to him a couple of times. The last time was just two nights ago but always before he couldn't tell me what had really happened. This last time he said that it said something about profiles and asked him if it was ok so he said yes. I haven't had the time to actually go to his system yet and see but I'm wondering if somehow firefox decided to set up a profile for him. If that's the case then all of the bookmarks and stuff, I believe, get moved to a slightly different folder than where they're normally stored. I don't remember where at the moment. I actually have a book about firefox that mentioned something about profiles and where they store that information so I'll have to look there when I get home tonight.

Basically what I'm getting at is that maybe you should look a little further into your folders and see if you can find your bookmarks in a different area. I'll to post tonight when I get home if I can find out where profile information is stored (and providing I actually remember to look!).

This usually happens when Firefox crashes. If you don't have any bookmarks first close Firefox. Secondly do the Ctrl-Alt-Delete salute and go in your processes tab. Make sure there are no other instances of Firefox.exe running. If you still cant get you your bookmarks then this is where they are located.

Documents and Settings\User name\Application Data(Hidden Folder)\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\******.default\bookmarks.html

Back