• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

bongs

mjcason

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 20, 2004
Messages
332
does anyone remember when bongs were cool. i donno if many people use them anymore but about 2 years ago they were hot stuff. i had a big 900gph pump and a 5 foot PVC bong lol with the showerhead and everything. also i had a spiral waterblock. that thing is one solid piece of copper. anyways i was just thinking about the good old days.
 
I just set up a watercooling system a couple weeks ago and I was thinking about going the bong route. I taped a couple pringles cans together and used a $2 showerhead(I'm cheap). I didn't really want to mess with it though so I ended up getting a heatercore. I'm quite happy with my temps though.
 
Built a bong, but never used it actively. Got a BI2 instead and have been more than happy with the temps.
 
For those of us uninformed, would someone be willing to provide a link to an idea what you're talking about? If I went and searched it on google, I'm quite sure I'd end up with results that aren't what you were talking about. :LOL:
 
What exactly is the advantage of having bongs? don't they take some extra room?
 
with the use of a bong you can cool your water much more effectively....at the cost of having to refill more often as the system will suffer from evapouration...
 
Bongs use evaporative cooling to take heat out of the system, like industrial cooling towers. You can actually get below ambient temperature with a bong cooler. The room also gets really humid and it can breed legionella and you have to refill it a lot. For a lot of people that isn't worth it for a few extra degrees so that's why you don't hear many people talking about them. Just search for 'bong cooler' in google and the first few hits are relevant.
 
Plus it cools the smoke and accumulates it so tha..wait



It can get you below ambient, but loose water and act like a big humidifier.
 
plus it makes you wanna go pee unless you put a screen about halfway down so it doesnt make that tinkle sound
 
Originally posted by Syphon Filter
with the use of a bong you can cool your water much more effectively....at the cost of having to refill more often as the system will suffer from evapouration...

under ambient temps, anyone?


personally i wouldnt use a bong just because of the need to refil and clean it.
 
Originally posted by kronchev
under ambient temps, anyone?


personally i wouldnt use a bong just because of the need to refil and clean it.

The refill and maintenace on the other hardware is too much effort. Closed loop systems are FAR easier to deal with.

It does cool below ambient. This is a proven fact. It's evaporative cooling, technically, not conductive or radiative, so it can get that cold.
 
Back
Top