Bolt Through Kit Install Questions...

xbob04

Limp Gawd
So I ordered a Xigmatek this weekend with the bolt through kit so I don't have to use the push pins. So I have read several different theories on how these get installed...

1. Peel the adhesive backing from the backplate, line it up and stick it to the back of your mobo....

or

2. That is just extra insulation, leave it one and use the pressue of the screws to keep it in place?

So what is the consensus? I'm not worried about trying to re-use it, this board will go to my wifes PC next year so it will be around for a while, and even if I dumped it we are only talking about $6.

i dont ever peel off the backing on backplates.... you dont need to.... and if you ever want to remove it then god help you, theyre such a pain in the arse to remove.

i dont ever peel off the backing on backplates.... you dont need to.... and if you ever want to remove it then god help you, theyre such a pain in the arse to remove.

Kind of what I thought, just wanted some confirmation, I've generally been a stock heatsink guy but it's time for an upgrade.

man don't peel that cover off the adhesive unless you want to use a heatgun, your finger nails, and some solvent to get it off. must be the same kind of stuff they use to attach molding to car doors.

got a xigma cooler and two of those adapters (bought the wrong one the first time) and that is some really hard stuff to get off your board.

Back