• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BOINC MilkyWay Nvidia Issue

plext0r

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
780
I configured a GTX 660 yesterday on a Linux x64 host. The MilkyWay 1.02 opencl_nvidia tasks complete and are validated. Every Separation (Modified Fit) v1.28 task fails and I would like to know why. I notice the GPU is only running 1 task at a time at about 65% utilization. I then found and implemented the following app_config.xml and restarted boinc completely:

Code:
<app_config>
<app>
<name>milkyway</name>
<max_concurrent>2</max_concurrent>
<gpu_versions>
<gpu_usage>1.0</gpu_usage>
<cpu_usage>0.05</cpu_usage>
</gpu_versions>
</app>
<app>
<name>milkyway_separation__modified_fit</name>
<max_concurrent>2</max_concurrent>
<gpu_versions>
<gpu_usage>1.0</gpu_usage>
<cpu_usage>0.05</cpu_usage>
</gpu_versions>
</app>
</app_config>

The host in question is shown here:
http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/results.php?hostid=567997

Thanks for any troubleshooting ideas. I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: I just clicked on some of the tasks at the above link and found the following:
Code:
<stderr_txt>
../../projects/milkyway.cs.rpi.edu_milkyway/milkyway_separation__modified_fit_1.28_x86_64-pc-linux-gnu__opencl_nvidia: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ../../projects/milkyway.cs.rpi.edu_milkyway/milkyway_separation__modified_fit_1.28_x86_64-pc-linux-gnu__opencl_nvidia)

</stderr_txt>

I'm running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 x86_64 and it appears its GLIBC is outdated for the Separation tasks, but works fine with the normal tasks. Doh!
 
Last edited:
Do you have both 32bit and 64bit libraries installed? Possibly just update them? I'm not a Linux guru, but have read a few posts in the past to make sure you have both installed if you want to be able to run 32bit on 64bit systems and had read that they made some changes once on the directories.
 
Do you have both 32bit and 64bit libraries installed? Possibly just update them? I'm not a Linux guru, but have read a few posts in the past to make sure you have both installed if you want to be able to run 32bit on 64bit systems and had read that they made some changes once on the directories.

I'm actually making a drastic change. Wiping RHEL 6 and installing the Ubuntu 12.04.2 desktop release. :D This host was one of my RHEL 6 hold-outs and I think it's time it was migrated to Ubuntu.
 
I'm actually making a drastic change. Wiping RHEL 6 and installing the Ubuntu 12.04.2 desktop release. :D This host was one of my RHEL 6 hold-outs and I think it's time it was migrated to Ubuntu.

Bout time :D
 
Back
Top