BOINC how do you say

Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
663
Okay metallicafan got me started on another DC project using Berkeley's BOINC.

It stands for Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing

...... but my (rather useless) question is..... is it uttered as "bow-ink" or "boink" ?!?

I'd like to know this for dinner-time/camp fire/water cooler discussion. :D
 
^this

Please, for the love of god, don't ever type or pronounce it "Bionic"

That error is way too common

Erm, my bad? That's how I pronounce it (knowing that it's wrong), but I don't type it out like that. It's just seems right, haha :D
 
^this

Please, for the love of god, don't ever type or pronounce it "Bionic"

That error is way too common

I swear it's hard wired in my head, too much six million dollar man as a kid.
Every time I bring it up and say it wrong, my co worker cringes and mentally dick slaps
me:D
 
I've always thought it was "boink" as in "I like to boink my wife" :D

Only time I think of "bionic" is when I see this guy
071016_1.gif
 
I always called in "bon ick" don't know why but yeah seemed right to me.
edit: never really paid attention to the fact its spelled boinc, I always want to see it spelled bonic.
 
Last edited:
Its funny how people see/pronounce different acronyms. :D I guess I usually read it "bionic" but I guess I'll have to change my ways!

CraftyOtter - Hows the client been running for you? Any issues? Config Questions?
 
CraftyOtter - Hows the client been running for you? Any issues? Config Questions?

Ok so far. Just had to configure it to run all the time, the default setting was too "nice".

I must say that the BOINC client is pretty slick. Auto config for CPU and GPU clients, robust options for processor usage/scheduling/network usage. It's an impressive interface.

It's too bad Berkeley and Stanford don't like each other.

It much rather run F@H through the BOINC interface than all these standalone clients (classic CPU/SMP/advmethods/bidadv/GPU) and all the related hoops you have to jump through to monitor and manage them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a F@H junkie and like to tinker with all this stuff. I just like the flexibility and scalability (real word?) that BOINC brings to the table.
 
Back
Top