Boeing's Portable Drone-Killing Laser Cannon

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
What do you do in the near future when you have a neighbor who won't stop ordering things via Prime Air? Boeing has the perfect solution. Their portable laser fits in just a couple of suitcase-sized boxes and can be set up in minutes. Leave one on your porch and watch those pesky drones drop like flies.

Boeing thinks the best way to kill a drone is to zap it with a precision laser, burn a hole in it, and bring it down. So it created a weapon system to do just that—and the result could someday be installed everywhere from LaGuardia to the Pentagon.

Talk about a weapon you don't want falling into the hands of the general public.

Strap it up in the back of a truck. Put on a camper shell. Cut a few holes in the top. Take down your choice of helicopters and small aircraft (and drones).

How does it do against shiny surfaces? I am guessing not so great just as a normal laser has problems with reflective material.

Talk about a weapon you don't want falling into the hands of the general public.

Strap it up in the back of a truck. Put on a camper shell. Cut a few holes in the top. Take down your choice of helicopters and small aircraft (and drones).

That's overkill. I know when I get mine, I'm heading to the nearest international airport to take out a few of the big boys. LOOK, up in the sky. Watch that 777 fly. With my laser it'll crash to the ground. <maniacal laugh\>

11x051082asvx.jpg

Back