Bodyguardz Crown - iPhone 6/6+ and Note 4

radeon962

[H]ard|Gawd
Just got my Bodyguardz Crown for my iPhone 6+. Takes care of the issue of the rounded edge on the iPhone 6/6+ or Note 4 by adding an aluminum bezel that goes on over the tempered glass screen protector.

Installation is pretty much idiot proof as the package includes a form fitting plastic piece with the tempered glass screen protector and you slide it over the face of the phone and pull off the sticker/tab and the tempered glass screen protector is lined up. Peel off the backing on the aluminum frame and put that on and you have a nice, clean full coverage front of the phone.

Absolutely the easiest install ever and the fit is excellent.

Have to wait and see how it wears, but with a lifetime warranty, I don't have concerns.

The Note 4 version is supposed to come out soon. I would imagine that the Note 4 version will be equally as good.

It fits fine with my Ringke Slim or Apple Leather cases. It really finishes off the front much nicer than any of the small tempered glass screen protectors that are cut short of the rounded edges.

I ordered 6+ Crown, yesterday. Got the $16.95 upgrade price because I already had the regular Pure glass shield. Hope mine looks as good as yours.

We both have an Otterbox Defender on our 6+. My only complaint is it barely fits in my car mount with the Otterbox on it.

Finally got a chance to try the Crown on my 6+. I give it 2/5 stars. The glass and frame fit perfectly until I tried to put my phone in a case. Each time, the frame popped off as I put on the case or within 20-30 seconds of the case being on the phone. I use slim fit cases like the Body Glove Dropsuit. Nothing I tried worked to keep the frame on the phone while using a case. I ended up just leaving on the glass shield and ditching the frame.

Something not so good that I've noticed is that the glass definitely has an effect on the sensitivity of the touch screen. I have to do a lot of tap/slide repetition compared to when there's no screen shield. I used Bodyguardz glass shields on my 4s and 5s. Never had any such problem. Not sure if I'll keep the glass shield on my phone.

Last edited:
No issues for me with a Ringke SLIM fit or the Apple leather case.

No touch screen issues that I have noticed.

Just picked up another 6+ to surprise the wife for her birthday to replace an aging Galaxy S4 and will be picking up another crown for her but I need to see if it will work with a Spigen Slim Armor as she is a little rougher on phones.

Back