I have:
Athlon XP-M Barton 2600+ (1.725V) (Thermalright SP97 + Panaflo high)
A7N8X-E (ghetto Panaflo 60mm blowing over passive heatsink) (BIOS 1008)
Mushkin PC3200 lvl 2 TCCD 2-2-2 (2.8V)
Antec NeoPower 480
+ other irrelevant stuff
All this have been running fine @ 12x210 (2.5ghz) for the last months or so within reasonable temps (higher the CPU got was 56°C on load on hottest summer days, northbridge ~35 w/fan). I'm planning to W/C soon, so I wanted to squeeze some more MHZ on air, just to get an avant-gout...
A combo of 12.5x210 wasn't stable with 1.75V (didn't really tried hard), and if I try a 13x multi, it kinda lowers itself to 5x when I reboot? I get ~1000mhz CPU speed.But anyways, FSB overclock is better, right?
Seems I can't get past 212, even with a low multi (9x)...
Dunno if it's the mobo, or the ram not getting enough voltage. I'd like to keep my 2-2-2 timings, see, but my BIOS doesn't have any VDIMM settings higher than 2.8! Do semeone know if BIOS upgrade 1013 "fixed" this? Any other way I could be sure what's limiting the FSB?
I just don't wanna get a new board (DFI, ABIT...), I've done enough spending on this "old" computer... I'd really like to hit at least 2.6 with this one though, and I know the RAM can take much more.
Athlon XP-M Barton 2600+ (1.725V) (Thermalright SP97 + Panaflo high)
A7N8X-E (ghetto Panaflo 60mm blowing over passive heatsink) (BIOS 1008)
Mushkin PC3200 lvl 2 TCCD 2-2-2 (2.8V)
Antec NeoPower 480
+ other irrelevant stuff
All this have been running fine @ 12x210 (2.5ghz) for the last months or so within reasonable temps (higher the CPU got was 56°C on load on hottest summer days, northbridge ~35 w/fan). I'm planning to W/C soon, so I wanted to squeeze some more MHZ on air, just to get an avant-gout...
A combo of 12.5x210 wasn't stable with 1.75V (didn't really tried hard), and if I try a 13x multi, it kinda lowers itself to 5x when I reboot? I get ~1000mhz CPU speed.But anyways, FSB overclock is better, right?
Seems I can't get past 212, even with a low multi (9x)...
I just don't wanna get a new board (DFI, ABIT...), I've done enough spending on this "old" computer... I'd really like to hit at least 2.6 with this one though, and I know the RAM can take much more.