BMX w/HV30 footage

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey, I shot this a few weeks ago and just wanted to share. This little HV30 is pretty amazing.

Cut in FCS2

Vimeo Link

Screen Cap:
mikebmxty0.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!!

Pretty good stuff. Only a scene or so that I felt were a little out of place, like the one where is was going over the stone plant holder near the end, needed a bit of work for that cut.

Good stuff overall!

Pretty good stuff. Only a scene or so that I felt were a little out of place, like the one where is was going over the stone plant holder near the end, needed a bit of work for that cut.

Good stuff overall!

yep, I totally agree. The additive transition on that was pure shit too. Thanks man

I wouldn't go with PURE shit, more of a creative brain fart. I like the slow motion work on some of those shot's it added a good dynamic overall. Well executed.

First work or do you have others?

was there any filter editing or was most of that straight from cam?

was there any filter editing or was most of that straight from cam?

By filter editing I think mean applying filters? Then yes, on most of the clips, I used gamma correction, brightness contrast, and the three-way final cut color corrector. I'm going to start using apple color to do my color correction now though.

Congrats Turkey Burger!

I wouldn't go with PURE shit, more of a creative brain fart. I like the slow motion work on some of those shot's it added a good dynamic overall. Well executed.

First work or do you have others?

haha, ok I'll give it that..

I'm not really considering this my first work as I'm still learning how to expose properly with this camera. I have some other stuff that I'm not particularly proud of on my vimeo page above. I got the camera in May last summer so the first few videos were pretty bad.

However next month, I'll be shooting a 10-15 minute skateboarding short with about three days of shooting. This bmx one was about 45 minutes of shooting.

I'll be sure to post a link to a teaser or something.

haha, ok I'll give it that..

I'm not really considering this my first work as I'm still learning how to expose properly with this camera. I have some other stuff that I'm not particularly proud of on my vimeo page above. I got the camera in May last summer so the first few videos were pretty bad.

However next month, I'll be shooting a 10-15 minute skateboarding short with about three days of shooting. This bmx one was about 45 minutes of shooting.

I'll be sure to post a link to a teaser or something.

Sweet. Look forward to it!

is the differnce between this and the HF11 is that its flash memory based?

I am impressed with the HV30 as well. We bought one a couple of months ago to use as a specialty camera for shots with an extended monopod. Our XH-A1's are too heavy for that purpose.

that BMX footage brings back some memories. I used to ride all the time back in 84-92 on my Dyno Compe II.

Back