• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BMW M8 mITX Case (ASRock)

CHANG3D

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
4,975
link 1

link 2

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-asrock-unveils-m8-series-mini-itx-gaming-pc-chassis

Asrock_M8-600W_2.jpg


adtm-300.jpg


bmw-asrock-580x410.jpg


bmw-asrock2-580x326.jpg
 
Last edited:
$500 according to a video on youtube, just search asrock m8 its the first result.

So..
Asrock Z87E-itx -$175
What looks like Silverstone ST45SF - $80
Not sure if they include ram.. on linus' video he says "storage" only so I assume harddrive.
Slot load odd?

So $245 or maybe less if they include ram and odd?

Still not bad for a case with that OLED screen if it was $245.. can't say there's no premium price tacked on but it looks worth it.
 
Way too flashy for me, but im sure for people who like Alienware stuff will think it looks good.
 
I just realized that the video card is on a riser card like the Chadds case.
 
If this thing is really only $500 with the mb and psu, I'm in.
 
what sort of cooling would be installed... the clearance doesn't look very promising, which makes it an expensive htpc (even if that z87 board is a great overclocker like its z77 cousin was)
 
Took this from the M3A2 thread:
- graphics card is on riser board.
- price is $499 MSRP but that includes mobo and PSU.
- no mention of size dimension but it's small. one picture shows a guy's hand near the case.
- unique iKnob for turning on power and status. inspiration from BMW.
- side panels are held by magnets.

ASRock M8

DSC_0548_575px.jpg


DSC_0550_575px.jpg


DSC_0540_575px.jpg


DSC_0552_575px.jpg
 
what sort of cooling would be installed... the clearance doesn't look very promising, which makes it an expensive htpc (even if that z87 board is a great overclocker like its z77 cousin was)
If it takes a noctua nh-c14, it's gonna be pretty darn good.
 
The layout is nice, but (apparently I'm the only one who thinks this) that exterior design is absolutely hideous and gaudy. I know that sort of thing sells in PC cases, but I hate it.
 
The layout is nice, but (apparently I'm the only one who thinks this) that exterior design is absolutely hideous and gaudy. I know that sort of thing sells in PC cases, but I hate it.
Its not my first choice in looks, but there is so little choice. This is the only non plastic smothered case that is not a pre built currently. To be honest its grown on me.
 
Is this the first non OEM itx case that uses a GPU riser board? Would love to see more of those.
 
Anyone know if there's a case out or in the pipeline with a similar layout to this or the M3A2 that looks a little classier??? Actually the M3A2 was pretty classy looking, unfortunately it's just not coming to market.
 
Back
Top