BMW Films Returns with “The Escape”

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
After a 14-year absence, BMW Films is back to flex that advertising budget with new shorts. This time, they hired District 9 director Neil Blomkamp and actors Clive Owen, Dakota Fanning, Jon Bernthal to demonstrate their new 5 Series.

Well, Clive Owen was in the first BMW films, with a soundtrack including Blur. Hoping these are as good......

Woohoo! It's back! I loved the originals, and this one was good, too...

That garage door was pretty sweet, too :)

Always LOVED the originals. The one with Madonna directed by Guy Richie is fun. But the Diamond Heist and the one with the dictator trying to stop a heart transplant from occurring are by far the best in that series. So happy this is back.

Cool short. Wonder what they did to that car when done beating the hell out of it. Although I guess they wouldn't have issues getting new parts to fix it to sell it used. :)

Cool short. Wonder what they did to that car when done beating the hell out of it. Although I guess they wouldn't have issues getting new parts to fix it to sell it used. :)

Nah, they will probably run thru a dozen of them or more for all the shorts/episodes they have made. After they get crashed the car dept will bang it back together for another shot. These vehicles will get salvage titled afterwards. You can't sell them after abusing them like that. Also, a lot of times there may not be much damage as a lot of stunt work can be done in post now.

Nah, they will probably run thru a dozen of them or more for all the shorts/episodes they have made. After they get crashed the car dept will bang it back together for another shot. These vehicles will get salvage titled afterwards. You can't sell them after abusing them like that. Also, a lot of times there may not be much damage as a lot of stunt work can be done in post now.

I'm sure I can find you a few dozen places that would be more than happy to sell them. Maybe not legally but when has a car sell mans ever been known for being honest and doing things 100% legally now. ;)

Ugh, [H]ard|OCP is doing a great job of making me feel old today. Again, 15 years since release. I remember downloading the first 4-5 episodes in the highest quality they offered from the BMW Films website before my drive crashed. After that I forgot about the whole thing. It is great to see it coming back. Clive Owen would make a good James Bond.

John Woo's and Tony Scott's are still the best (with honorable mention to Narc director guy's helicopter vid), but glad to see the series make a comeback!

Would love to see one done by Martin Campbell someday

Ugh, [H]ard|OCP is doing a great job of making me feel old today. Again, 15 years since release. I remember downloading the first 4-5 episodes in the highest quality they offered from the BMW Films website before my drive crashed. After that I forgot about the whole thing. It is great to see it coming back. Clive Owen would make a good James Bond.
I just ordered the DVD from BMW after the first series was over with. Unfortunately the case is now beat to hell.

Just rewatched this after The Escape.

Still the best, 14 years later!

I think it's easier to pick my least favorites because all of them were terrific. Star was definitely my least favorite, with Chosen a close second. All of the Season 2 films were excellent, but Ticker has to be my absolute favorite of the entire series.

CGI could be better. Seems like the car at 8:50 is CGI. Check out the bullet hole in the grille and how you can see through it at a bunch of different angles. Either CGI holes or the whole car. I think they put the car in digitally.

I think it's easier to pick my least favorites because all of them were terrific. Star was definitely my least favorite, with Chosen a close second. All of the Season 2 films were excellent, but Ticker has to be my absolute favorite of the entire series.

Haha, yes, my third favorite. Love the cameo by Ray Liota (from Narc, the director's best film IMO)

Kinda strange that they'd choose another helicopter scene for The Escape when this one is so great. Seems watered down in comparison, but still great.

These are probably actually all pre-production test cars. Most manufacturer's will make a bunch of test vehicles that aren't legal to title, and just have to be destroyed and can't be sold to the public.

You can't sell them after abusing them like that. Also, a lot of times there may not be much damage as a lot of stunt work can be done in post now.

I'm sure I can find you a few dozen places that would be more than happy to sell them. Maybe not legally but when has a car sell mans ever been known for being honest and doing things 100% legally now. ;)

watch and weep.

Locke was pretty much a BMW film, since all you see for 90 minutes is Tom Hardy and his character's BMW X5.

Loved the originals with Clive Owen when they first came out. Was he at actor before that or did those shorts throw him into it? I know that was the first time I saw him on TV.

Cool, except for lack of attention to continuity. Slightly different bullets holes in various scenes. Then again, I'm surprised they allowed their car to be shot up to begin with.

Back