• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Blurry Font When I Lower LCD Resolution - Help!

RicePapi

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
144
Hey guys,

I just bought my Dad a computer so he can use the internet. I'm using a 17" SONY LCD, non-DVI, with a native solution of 1280x1024. But my Dad is old, and if I run the recommended resolution, the FONT SIZE on web-pages is too small for him to read. So I dropped the resolution to 1024x768. Now the size of the fonts are perfect, but they are all blurry. I tried the following:

1) Adjusted the "phase/pitch" options on the LCD

2) Turned off and on "clear type"

3) Increased the refresh rate from 60 to 75 (that helped a little)

I don't know what else to do. Please advise. :)

-RicePapi

P.S. The video card is an integrated Nvidia GeForce2 GPU 32MB
 
Running LCDs at less than their native resolution usually results in the bluriness you are seeing. Try setting the LCD back to its native resolution, and setting the fonts in your Dad's web brower to be larger. Should be somewhere in the menus.
 
If you are using Windows, just change the font size in the display properties of your desktop and keep using your LCD's native resolution.
 
for best results, lcds should only be run at their native res. just use ctrl++ like ^^ said or go change the dpi in settings.
 
Back
Top