• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Bluray playback?

mattgr

n00b
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
26
So awhile ago, I purchased a internal bluray drive for my htpc(this one I think)

when I try to play a bluraydisk from it, vlc FREAKS OUT, like one frame a minute
also, when I try to play large mkv files >15gb from my harddrive, my computer cant handle it

i am running a Athlon 64 3800+ and EVGA gts250- not the greatest, but where am I limited? / what am i doing wrong?
 
I had the same problem. But playing the mkv via windows media player works fine. See if that solves your problem first.
 
VLC is a software accelerated player. You need hardware support for Blu-ray, especially when you're using an older processor such as the Athlon 3800+

Get ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater or Cyberlink PowerDVD for hardware accelerated Blu-ray support. Your GTS 250 can handle Blu-ray easily.

I personally use ArcSoft because of Windows Media Center integration. It's always been great for me.

Edit: for the peace of mind, Arcsoft has a trial version of TotalMedia Theater so you can test it out before buying it.
 
in installed power dvd 10, whenever i try and open an mkv file it automatically stops, and wont let me play it
 
Back
Top