Bluetooth

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Trying to get a set of Bluetooth ear buds working and I'm running into some Linux stupidness.

First time I paired them they showed up in the Bluetooth applet as they should and paired as they should. But I could get no sound out of them and they did not show up as a device in output in the sound applet.

So I powered them off then on again and they did not show up in the bluetooth applet and they did not work.

However,

When I power them on and off Linux shows they connect and disconnect but still no sound and they still don't show up in the sound applet.

Any help appreciated.

BTW, they connect to my iPhone and work flawlessly.

Trying to get a set of Bluetooth ear buds working and I'm running into some Linux stupidness.

First time I paired them they showed up in the Bluetooth applet as they should and paired as they should. But I could get no sound out of them and they did not show up as a device in output in the sound applet.

So I powered them off then on again and they did not show up in the bluetooth applet and they did not work.

However,

When I power them on and off Linux shows they connect and disconnect but still no sound and they still don't show up in the sound applet.

Any help appreciated.

BTW, they connect to my iPhone and work flawlessly.
Need more info? What steps did you do? What distro? Bluetooth is supposedly well supported in Linux by now. My wireless xbox controller pairs fine. I would google search your bluetooth ear buds and + Ubuntu or whatever distro you use (Mint?). I am mostly familiar with Ubuntu although I'm going to try OpenSUSE, soon.

It's not a surprise that they'd work well with a smart phone.

Yea, I'm using Mint. Haven't found anything useful Googling but I'll keep looking. Buds are Stador K23. Highly rated on Amazon FWIW.

EDIT: Found nothing and Google returns a boat load of references to "stator" which is not what I searched for. So I've decided to revert back to Windows 10. I really hate to but Bluetooth works in Windows. Linux has always been a little rough around the edges but they should really work on basic out the box functionality.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm using Mint. Haven't found anything useful Googling but I'll keep looking. Buds are Stador K23. Highly rated on Amazon FWIW.

EDIT: Found nothing and Google returns a boat load of references to "stator" which is not what I searched for. So I've decided to revert back to Windows 10. I really hate to but Bluetooth works in Windows. Linux has always been a little rough around the edges but they should really work on basic out the box functionality.
https://www.askdavetaylor.com/how-do-i-pair-bluetooth-earbuds-with-my-ubuntu-linux-system/

https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/bluetooth-connect-device.html.en

https://moisescardona.me/restoring-bluetooth-audio-connectivity-in-ubuntu-22-10/

That's for Ubuntu but Mint will need the same software packages installed.

Thanks. Saved for future reference. I had the Windows 10 drive for this box so all I had to do was swap. I also set it not to upgrade to 11. This is my HTPC box. I need the buds to hear dialog when I watch movies. My hearing is shot complements of the US Navy so I can't hear dialog well enough to understand what's being said with speakers. With ear buds I can.

Back