Bluetooth Microphone = Unicorn?

FoxFlame

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Messages
143
It seems like such a simple request. Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way?

My question: Why can't I find a typical microphone, with a stand, that is capable of transmitting via bluetooth?

[Backstory]

I just bought a new laptop. It will be here in a few weeks. I'm getting accessories for it now. I want to be able to record my professor during lectures, and I want to be able to *hear* him, so I thought, "Well I'll just buy a bluetooth microphone and place it upon his lectern prior to the start of class. Aren't I a clever one?!"

Imagine my dismay then, when I realized such a device does not appear to exist. I ask then, "What the hell?" Aside from this crazy looking contraption: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ECMHW1-M...corders/dp/tech-data/B000EC8WEU/ref=de_a_smtd (Which I certainly don't need, and isn't even designed for a PC) I can't seem to find another instance of a BT microphone.

Now, are there BT headsets? Speakerphones? Ear pieces? Sure. But I don't want audio spitting out from the lectern during the middle of class. I'm fairly certain my professor wouldn't be keen on the idea either...despite how much the idea of a digital whoopee-cushion might make me giggle. (Just a little) I realize I could just mute the speakers, but why make them there at all?
I also question the quality of these microphones, as all I've ever heard were miserable.

While it seems unnecessary, I'm even considering finding a BT transmitter to which I might hook up a microphone. But why doesn't this simply exist already? The VHF abound, but they're big and clunky.

So...do they not exist outside speaker/mic combo because audio across BT is so badly modulated that a 'decent' microphone would be a waste?

Thanks for any input,
--Fox
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top