Bluetooth mice

t5brick

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been looking for a good wireless mouse to use with my MBP. I'd like to go with a bluetooth model, but I'm not sure which one is a good one. I was looking at a small Logitech one, but I actually prefer the bigger mice that fit my hand better.

I like the Bluetooth MX1000 and the Bluetooth Intellimouse, but they both only come bundled with a keyboard which I really have no use for. :(

A year ago I tried out a MX900 on my 12" PowerBook G4 and it didn't work very well. Do bluetooth mice still lag?

I said the Mighty Mouse suck a big *beeeeeep*... It's a 4 letter word starting with the letter D and ending with ICK. Then I ended my post saying I have nothing to add on the subject hence "That is all".

Tiger Direct is selling the MX5000 keyboard and mouse combo for $99-$40 MIR = $59.99

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1578644&body=MAIN

I myself am actually considering either this combo, one of Logitech's Revolution series mice, or a G7. I like the idea that with the G7, I can swap out batteries when they die and I also like the fact that I can change the resolution of my mouse for those times when I don't have very much space to move

-Justin.

Tiger Direct is selling the MX5000 keyboard and mouse combo for $99-$40 MIR = $59.99

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1578644&body=MAIN

I myself am actually considering either this combo, one of Logitech's Revolution series mice, or a G7. I like the idea that with the G7, I can swap out batteries when they die and I also like the fact that I can change the resolution of my mouse for those times when I don't have very much space to move

-Justin.

that bundled kb can not pair with macbook, fyi

Apple Mighty Mouse!

I use a Mighty mouse at work and while the scroll ball is cool, I'm not a fan of the shape.

I myself am actually considering either this combo, one of Logitech's Revolution series mice, or a G7. I like the idea that with the G7, I can swap out batteries when they die

Oh damn, the battery. I guess I might be sticking with the MS Intellimouse. Oh well.

that bundled kb can not pair with macbook, fyi

Yeah, thats cool. I'm not planning on using the keyboard anyway. :)

Oh damn, the battery. I guess I might be sticking with the MS Intellimouse. Oh well.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the G7, but it has 2 rechargeable batteries that you can swap out instead of putting the whole mouse up on the stand while it charges.

I just wanted to make sure you don't think I'm talking about standard batteries.

-Justin

I use the Kensington 72225 Pilot Mouse. It's a full size bluetooth mouse. You can get them on ebay for $20. It doesn't have any extra buttons, but I don't need them. The thing works great.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the G7, but it has 2 rechargeable batteries that you can swap out instead of putting the whole mouse up on the stand while it charges.

I just wanted to make sure you don't think I'm talking about standard batteries.

-Justin

Yeah, but the G7 isn't bluetooth, is it? I'm trying to avoid plugging anything into my MacBook Pro. So, if I can't swap the batteries in the Bluetooth MX1000, I'd have to carry the charger around with me in case the batteries died. The Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer uses regular AA batteries, so swapping them isn't going to be a problem.

Yeah, but the G7 isn't bluetooth, is it? I'm trying to avoid plugging anything into my MacBook Pro. So, if I can't swap the batteries in the Bluetooth MX1000, I'd have to carry the charger around with me in case the batteries died. The Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer uses regular AA batteries, so swapping them isn't going to be a problem.

I misunderstood your comment, I thought you were put off by the fact that you thought it used regular batteries when in fact, you were put off by the fact that it uses rechargeable batteries.

My mistake.

-Justin

I misunderstood your comment, I thought you were put off by the fact that you thought it used regular batteries when in fact, you were put off by the fact that it uses rechargeable batteries.

My mistake.

-Justin

Nah, I'm trying to avoid using a dongle for wireless or base station to recharge the mouse.

Thanks for the help. I may get the MX1000 anyway, and just keep it charged when I'm home. That is a hell of a deal at tigerdirect.

My mistake.

-Justin

I use a G7 with my SR MBP and it could be a glitch with mine, or just that I've set something up wrong, but the G7 guzzles battery juice when I'm using it with this machine. I have to change it once every 1-2 days depending upon how much I use it. When I was using it with a windows machine it lasted a couple weeks. Just my experience with it. Not too big of a deal for me, but I wouldn't consider it a portable option for me, because I'd have to lug the charger base station around with me.

Im actually away from my Mac(s) right now but I have 2 of the Logitech v270(?) bluetooth mice.. great mouse, but definetly not something you want to game with.

I use a G7 with my SR MBP and it could be a glitch with mine, or just that I've set something up wrong, but the G7 guzzles battery juice when I'm using it with this machine. I have to change it once every 1-2 days depending upon how much I use it. When I was using it with a windows machine it lasted a couple weeks. Just my experience with it. Not too big of a deal for me, but I wouldn't consider it a portable option for me, because I'd have to lug the charger base station around with me.

If each battery lasts you 1-2 days, why not charge both batteries and take both with you?

I have an MX1000 and love it.

I had a Mighty Mouse, it's plain & simple, it sucks.

The one kenham40 linked to looks great, specially if you travel a lot with your MBP.

Back