Bluetooth Headphones Question

Luca1

Limp Gawd
Hi,

Just wondering, do headphones like the Astro A50's send the audio signal via radio waves from the mixamp to the headset, or does it get sent via bluetooth and then the headset itself has a digital to analog converter in it?

Cheers,
Luca

I doubt any modern headphones transmit analog sound via radio waves. They use bluetooth or some better/faster digital transmission and have built-in DACs and amps.

Hi,

Curious about good bass headphones, bluetooth and non-bluetooth segment...over-ear or on-ear...in-ear...lots of dialemma..?

Thanx

Pop_

If you spend a lot of time with headphones then over ear is usually the best solution. In-ear is probably best for noise isolation, but not that comfortable. Don't really know what's the point of on-ear, as they usually start crushing one's ears yet sound worse than in-ear or over-ear. I suggest not to focus on bass that much, you may get more than you'd like. Bluettooth vs wired - wired gives better sound quality, bluetooth gives wireless freedom. I have wireless in-ear at work for better noise isolation and because my headphone cables used to survive a couple of months at most, over-ear at home pc for better quality and comfort. So, you need to find out what is important for you, how much you want to spend. Then, you can decide. IMO if you want to have a single good set, buy something in higher end with bluetooth AND the ability to use a wired connection. That way you can get the best of both worlds, albeit with a price premium.

If you spend a lot of time with headphones then over ear is usually the best solution. In-ear is probably best for noise isolation, but not that comfortable. Don't really know what's the point of on-ear, as they usually start crushing one's ears yet sound worse than in-ear or over-ear. I suggest not to focus on bass that much, you may get more than you'd like. Bluettooth vs wired - wired gives better sound quality, bluetooth gives wireless freedom. I have wireless in-ear at work for better noise isolation and because my headphone cables used to survive a couple of months at most, over-ear at home pc for better quality and comfort. So, you need to find out what is important for you, how much you want to spend. Then, you can decide. IMO if you want to have a single good set, buy something in higher end with bluetooth AND the ability to use a wired connection. That way you can get the best of both worlds, albeit with a price premium.
Hi..that's really cool and clears a lot of logics....Because over-ears ones you can't wear on the go or while working generally..they are the pretty fit for comfy sit and enjoy type or for high-end hi-fi listening. Other hand in-ears not comfortable for loud beats. Having bluetooth with detachable wire-option is really and upper hand..well defined...share some of your favourite brands...Thanx..have a nice time!

I don't really have favorite brands. Some Sony wireless models are good at the moment, but you should start looking at reviews and roundups, then look at what you can afford or want to buy. Bose, as always, are up there. I would steer clear of Beats - they seem to be getting good reviews, but are usually overprice for what you get. I know someone who bought Denon Ah GC20 and was very happy with it. Good battery life, good (clean, simple) design, good sound quality and the price wasn't as high as some others. As I said, look up "bluetooth headphones 2016" and you should find spmething that fits your requirements and budget.

Back