Bluetooth accessory questions

Terpfen

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm thinking of picking up a MacBook to replace a 3 year old Dell Inspiron 6000, and I have a couple of accessory questions for you guys.

One: I'd like to use a Bluetooth mouse with the MacBook, so I'm looking at the Mighty Mouse. It seems to be tailor-made for OS X's feature set. Is it the best Bluetooth mouse available for the platform?

Two: I'd also like to use A2DP Bluetooth headphones, as I'm getting very tired of dangling wire headsets. I also plan to get an iPhone, and rumor is the 2.0 software will support A2DP. What are a couple of good headsets to consider purchasing?

Thanks, everyone.

I can only answer question One for you. The mighty mouse isn't bad, however, I spend at least 15 hours a day at the computer designing products and honestly I would rather go for a regular two button mouse. I'm already on mouse number 2, as I've literally wore out my first one in 6 months. My buddy did the same thing and my old professors have said how poorly designed the mighty mouse is. ( Industrial Designers... weird old men... ) However, I keep going back because I can cascade all my work windows by just squeezing the mouse, and I love that feature... only one that makes me buy a new one over and over again. Work productivity goes up up up!

If squeezing the mouse is of no concern to you, get a regular two button mouse.

Squeezing the mouse isn't a big deal to me, but having a full-size Bluetooth mouse is. (Can the squeeze buttons be used for back/forward browsing in Safari or Firefox?)

I don't know much about other mice, but you can honestly find better out there.

And the thing is, when you squeeze you gotta squeeze both sides to activate the command. Doesn't work in Safari or Firefox as a back/forward button... unless you can come up with a script to replace the squeeze function.

I don't know much about other mice, but you can honestly find better out there.

I'm not sure I can. Bluetooth mice are either notebook sized or are anemic in terms of features.

And the thing is, when you squeeze you gotta squeeze both sides to activate the command. Doesn't work in Safari or Firefox as a back/forward button... unless you can come up with a script to replace the squeeze function.

Ouch. My various Logitech mice have spoiled me as to the ease of back-forward movement in web browsers.

Back