Blue shapes on gray background

Keolv

n00b
Hello. Does anybody know what is this ?
http://i.imgur.com/dCpAwGL.jpg
If you look carefully you can see blue shapes on the gray background. It only ever appears on gray background and it's very, very hard to see. I will not be returning the monitor due to this unless it gets worse, so my question is exactly what is causing this ? It is not visible in any other color settting/combination.
I also think some of the shapes might be moving or disappearing over time since I think I saw a line before at the top and now I can't see it.

Last edited:
It looks like a reflection, almost. Like, along the right side there's a line of grey, but on either side I see the bluer shade of color.

Could it be burn-in of some sort?

I think it may be a temporary burn-in of the picture I'm viewing since it's changing. Does this happen with IPS panels often ?
For example, I ran a video on it and now I can't see the above picture.

Last edited:
I can't say I've ever seen it happen before, except for on much older panels on PoS systems, where certain icons/images were on screen for 12+ hours a day.

It's also strange that it is changing - and if running a video on it makes it go away, it sounds like some kind of temporary burn-in effect.

Is this a new monitor? Was it shipped to you recently? Was it still cold when you fired it up?

The only thing I can think of is that if it was really, really cold, (like, below freezing), for many days while it was being shipped, and you've just recently opened the box and hooked it up, maybe it's just too cold and needs to warm up to a normal operating temperature.

But I don't know that I've ever actually heard of that happening. I've never seen it before, at least.

Have you found that certain images can change how it looks consistently? Like, if you look at Picture A, then switch the screen to this, it always looks like Pattern A, and if you look at Picture B, it's always Pattern B? Or is it random?

Back