Blue screens after computer overheats.

triarii3

Gawd
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
777
Okay so i put this new computer using AMD phenom x6 1090 BE. instead of using the stock cooler i used some other cheap themaltake cooler (it was 9$ bucks) The computer idles at 28C but when under load such as rendering movies, the temperature hit up to 86C!!!! When i realized it was getting too hot i stopped all rendering operations but I think the heat already done damage as I get bluescreens about 1s or 2 times a day. During the blue screen it would say dumping memory or something. I have switched back to the stock cooler and temperature are normal now. But blue screens still pop up about ones day.

I'd like to find the culprit in the source of blue screens. So far i think it's either the RAM or the CPU. what do you guys think?
 
It's a toss-up between RAM CPU and MoBo. See if you can run Memtest in the time between crashes and how that turns out. Most likely though your CPU burned out.
 
Back
Top