Blue Screened while formating

GGtW

Limp Gawd
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: partmgr.sys

DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installtion, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any other windows updates you might need.
If this problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Etc etc..
Installing fresh windows onto laptop, gets to 73% when formating the hard drive then I get this blue screen, tried about 4-5 times. Using a Windows XP cd.
Its a Toshiba Satellite 1905-2301 laptop.
Worked ok before I tried this, just was running slow and laggy from spyware and virus's.

GGtW said:
=/ Tried different windows cd, still got errors

I'd download the diagnostic tools from the drive manufacturer and test the drive. Could just be the drive is bad, and only a full format of the drive is hitting the bad sectors. There's also a chance it could be a heat problem, but that's unlikely since it keeps crashing at the same point.

Yes and it did give me some kind of NTFS error but I didnt get a chance to look at it.

For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

* Stop 0xCE messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

For more information about Stop 0xCE messages, see the

Not sure how this applies to my situation seeing how I deleted everything :(

Using windows xp cd...wiped the hard drive so nothing should be on it.

One is original, other is a company copy of windows xp. Both got same error at 73%, and I use the original first, which is a store bought copy...

Got some advice from a different forum, sounded like a bad partion. But in the end not sure exactly what I did but I fat a 38 gig partion then quick ntfs format and some how got it to install.
Hopefully I dont get some kind of errors saying I suck at life later down the line with the hd ;)

Back