blue screen of death

moking

n00b
hello forum ,
i've posted this thread in the memory forum 2 days ago cos the blue screen of death says "memory_management" but what made me post here that when i unplugged my new radeon hd GPU everything seems to work fine now.

this is the blue screen which comes every time
Photo_0001.jpg

sometimes it says stop: 0x0000001A or 0x0000004E

my specs
ga-ga78lmt-s2
athlon II x2 240 2.8ghz
(2*2) kingstone ddr3
powercolor radeon hd 7750 1gb

my minidump
http://www.4shared.com/rar/iqoQuD_B/Minidump.html

Last edited:
Odds are there is a bad GDDR chip on the GPU, any bit of memory on the machine is still subject to memory management. If the problem arrived when the new card did and goes away when you take it away it's a pretty clear cut answer as to what the problem is.

Have another crack with a clean set of drivers but beyond that an RMA is probably in order.

Something else to consider here. If you're doing any overclocking, reset everything in your BIOS to defaults. Even if you're not overclocking try resetting the BIOS settings to default too.

If that doesn't work try running the machine on one DIMM at a time.

I doubt anything is really wrong with your 7750. To me this sounds like a resource contention issue.

Finally, now this is a long-shot here to be honest, but what is the wattage on your power supply? If it's a relatively weak PSU it may be buckling when you add a video card to the system.

Odds are there is a bad GDDR chip on the GPU, any bit of memory on the machine is still subject to memory management. If the problem arrived when the new card did and goes away when you take it away it's a pretty clear cut answer as to what the problem is.

Have another crack with a clean set of drivers but beyond that an RMA is probably in order.
im sorry but what is RMA ?

If you haven't tried this yet, try disabling the integrated video on the motherboard.

Another thing you may want to do is update the BIOS on the motherboard too. It looks like the F5 BIOS is the latest one for your board.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4311#bios

Something else to consider here. If you're doing any overclocking, reset everything in your BIOS to defaults. Even if you're not overclocking try resetting the BIOS settings to default too.

If that doesn't work try running the machine on one DIMM at a time.

I doubt anything is really wrong with your 7750. To me this sounds like a resource contention issue.

Finally, now this is a long-shot here to be honest, but what is the wattage on your power supply? If it's a relatively weak PSU it may be buckling when you add a video card to the system.

sorry im not a professional , how can i disable my integrated GPU ? i thought once i install this GPU the other disables itself....and ill download the F5 BIOS and give it a try.

and no im not overclocking anything at all , and will i restore BIOS to default after installing the F5 update ? and how to reset it to default ?

and my PSU is a commercial one which came with the pc case....650 Watt is written on it but i assume it gives out around 350 or something.
i was recommended to buy a radeon hd 6670 1gb and it would suit this psu but now i have the 7750 which has a lower power consumption.

P.S: i removed one of my rams and the blue screen didnt show up

the F5 BIOS update aint for windows 7 64-bit and i cant find the 64-bit version of it o_O

The last time I had seen the BSOD with the "memory_management" error, I had overclocked my system RAM and setting it back to default fixed it.
That error may simply indicate that your system RAM is faulty.

You could run tests on your RAM to check if it is good, try using the faulty RAM on another system to verify if it is indeed the RAM stick.

update:
1 of the RAMs worked perfectly on its own in both of the MB's RAM slots , the other RAM worked fine in one of the slots and it gave a memory_management screen in the other slot.

What type of load was the computer under each time, was it the same? Were you running a benchmark? Its hard to say how the ram was the being accessed, or if that was even the cause.
How it worked fine in one slot and not the other but the other worked fine in both slots really throws me off...

i know man , that is really strange.
and i dont have any kind of what might be called 'load' when this screen appears.
i load the windows normally and then it appears right away.

what i've done now...that i put the ram which faults in one slot in its good slot and the ram which works fine in both in the slot which faults the first one...if you know what i mean.
so far the blue screen didnt come...ill keep on this configuration and will tell you guys if anything happens.
thanks alot.

Sounds like the contacts on the memory may be dirty, or it's a memory timing issue.

You can try cleaning them with an eraser, or if you're feeling adventurous, go to Radio Shack and pick up some Deoxit to clean it with. Put it on a cottonball or something like that to wipe the contacts (don't spray the RAM directly).

It may be a memory timing issue though. Are both DIMMS the same brand (and have the same memory chips on them)? When you get a moment use CPUID to check the SPD info on the DIMMS. If they're not the same you can set the memory timing settings in the BIOS to the lower of the two DIMMS.

BTW, AMD CPU's are really picking about that sorta stuff. :/ I've had several AMD Athlon/Opteron systems. It got better in later generations but the first gen Athon64 754 & 939 systems were a pain in the butt when you wanted to fully populate the board with memory. :/ Socket AM2/AM3/AM3+ is much better but that doesn't mean it can work miracles though if the chips are mis-matched. :)

Last edited:
i've had those two rams (2 kingstone 1333 mhz 2gb ddr3 each) running together for almost a year with NO SINGLE blue screen , its all started to happen when i bought the new GPU....i mean i don't think its cos of dust or anything , its been like that for a year or something.

can someone tell me how can i set all my BIOS settings to default please ?

sorry guys , im not a professional :/
i got the motherboard CD btw.
thank you all :)

Last edited:
resat my BIOS to default by removing the bettery , cleaned the whole mb and processor with a blower , brushed the dust away from the RAM slots finally cleaned the RAMs with an eraser as you said , power on...blue screen :/

that is confusing me , i dunno if its about the RAM itself or the GPU.
now im using one 2gb ram and ill put it to the test till tomorrow.

i noticed that the faulty ram disables the pagefile.sys file , maybe thats the cause of the blue screen ? and how can i force enable it while its on ?
update: nvm found the file in another partition

Last edited:
That's because you're supposed to flash it from either bootable DOS flash drive, or you can do it from within the BIOS. :)
i tried to boot it using a normal boot.ini file i took from the bootable DVD but i think its for windows boot only.
Code:
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=30
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[Operating Systems]
C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT = "1st, text mode setup (Boot from flash again after finished)"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="2nd, GUI mode setup, continue setup + 1st start of Windows" /fastdetect
C:\ = "---> DEBUG, in case of HAL.DLL or NTOSKRNL.EXE not found errors <---"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 3" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 4" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 1" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 3" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Debug boot rDisk 2 partition 4" /fastdetect

http://www.4shared.com/file/xoy8YjqJ/mb_bios_ga-ma78lmt-s2_f14.html
this is my latest version of BIOS available for my board if anyone can boot it for me :/

Last edited:
Back