Blue Screen Of Death! ewww

flashpoint603

Weaksauce
Howdy,

ever since i installed vista 64 i get these blue screens a few times a day. all of my hardware worked fine in xp, it says something about physical memory dump blah blah blah.

Anyways, when i get back on windows does a "solution check" or something. It claims that it is my antivirus software (NOD32) which is updated. if anyone has any suggestions i am all ears b/c this is drving me nutz!!!

THX IN ADVANCE

Hmm, thats odd. what exactly does the blue screen say ?. i havent had one in a while but it should tell you what caused the problem.

dont have much time to read it, but it says something about dumping physical memory and it restarts my computer once the dump gets to 100%

vista gives me a solution when it boots back up, says its my antivirus. NOD32

System Properties > Advanced tab > Start up and Recovery > Settings button > uncheck "automatically restart"

That way the BSOD will stay up until you restart manually.

It might be a driver conflict or something, you never know. Thats why i need to know what it says. Have you tried a different anti-virus ? I haven't had any problems with NOD 32 but i haven't had it very long either.

have you taken a look at the bsod, when I got them on vista it was because of my nvidia soundcard drivers. you may need to play around with drivers and versions.

System Properties > Advanced tab > Start up and Recovery > Settings button > uncheck "automatically restart"
It still amazes me that this isn't something everyone does immediately after getting their Windows install done. Anyway, this should be a given, because it allows you to write down the details of the BSOD, so there's something to work with. Don't overlook the possible cause that Vista is showing.

try updating windows!!! it may solve all problems imo. ms is constantly fixing vista.

Make sure you NOD32 is version 2.70 or higher. Vista has problems with version before 2.70. I am having zero issues with NOD32 & Vista Ultimate 64.

It still amazes me that this isn't something everyone does immediately after getting their Windows install done. Anyway, this should be a given, because it allows you to write down the details of the BSOD, so there's something to work with. Don't overlook the possible cause that Vista is showing.

I used to do it but with only 1 bsod (nvidia drivers) on windows xp in 3 years I stopped caring.

My guess is the nvidia drivers. The latest vista x64 BETA drivers aren't exactly stable........ look for the words start with nv on the BSOD screen.

I have it set now so it wont restart on a crash. Just waiting for the error again so I can write down everything it says. NOD32 is updated. RAM stress test went perfect. Are the Vista Solutions usually accurate?

Are the Vista Solutions usually accurate?

Depends. Obviously no computer has the troubleshooting/problem solving ability of humans, but some folks have reported Vista found the solution right away.
Myself personally, haven't found it useful yet.

My guess is the nvidia drivers. The latest vista x64 BETA drivers aren't exactly stable........ look for the words start with nv on the BSOD screen.

BINGO!

I finally was able to read the blue screen. It says the display driver crashed and timed out.

Thx to all for the suggestions to my problem.

Again, always happy to help debug these driver dumps...

Look at the thread ID in my signature. ;)

Back