• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Blue Metalcast Super LanBoy

KrakenGuy

Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
673
Sooooo. Some of you might remember me posting a poll on wether or not I should pain my Super Lanboy metalcast blue. Well, tonight I got bored and decided "Hey! I've got a little bit of this paint stuff left, lets see what it looks like!"

So I grabbed my back panel and headed outside to use what was left of the paint. It was somewhat a bad idea because it started sputtering and little droplets started going all over the place. Needless to say, I was a little bitter about that.

After I let it dry for a few hours (this stuff drys fast, but I wanted to be sure), I grabbed some 1000grit paper and splashed some water on to clean up some messes. It looks a lot better then it did at first, but I definately have a few more coats to go.

Pictures will be along shortly, I can't upload them with this camera considering the pictures are an overkill in size. 1600x1200 to be exact. So no. No pictures yet. Tomorrow for sure though, and some more progress will be made tomorrow.
 
Sounds like it will turn out good. And I'm sure everybody has has the paint spatter problem happen to them at least once.

If you want, you can e-mail me those pictures and I'll re-size them for ya. E-mail
 
Ugh. Sorry for no pictures like I promised =\.

I've been a little pre-occupied yesterday. I recently purchased a DXM06 and a Stanton STR8-100 and have been having a little to much fun with them lately, lol.

Pictures and progress might be up later.
 
STFU. I ran out of paint, I don't have a car, I am only 15, eat me. I am working on it =\, fuck.
 
it really wasnt even directed towards you kraken, i just expected to see some pics or something.
 
just ignore TV, most of us on [H]ardgaming do, hope to see some pics soon though it sounds like its gonna be cool, I always had a small liking to the lanboys.
 
Aha! Yes, score. The reason parents are godlike.

So whilst I was at McDonalds today (my job), my mom ran to Canadian Tire to pick up a few things, she brought me my paint. Huzzah. So, liek, yeah, I will get shit done. I promise.

I've been postponing and postponing but now I can get more shit done. Pictures up later.
 
HAH. Picture below.

61aabec1.jpg


You might be able to see the spot where the paint dripped. It looks a little dull in the picture, but in real life, its quite shiney. I might consider adding a clear coat or something afterwards because the paint chips kind of easy.
 
Back
Top