Blu ray playback software

MGDMN

2[H]4U
Hey guys. First of all I wasn't sure where to post this topic so if this needs to be moved to a different area feel free. Alright, so I found a very nice deal on a blu ray burner/reader for my sager NP8170 that I just couldn't pass up. The purchase was only for the bare drive. No blu ray player software included. I did a little googling to see if there are any free blu ray playback programs, but I wasnt able to get a definitive answer. So here I am asking you guys if any of you are aware of any free programs that I could have just missed. Also, if there are not any free programs that I can grab what is considered the best paid blu ray player software? I would appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks.

There is no free software (yet) that'll let you play Blu-rays as-is, but there are some free (and tedious) workarounds.

Easiest is to download AnyDVD HD(to bypass encryption) and Media Player Classic - Home Cinema. While it didn't always work for me(but this was over a year ago) others say it's a good solution and is inexpensive.

As for dedicated Blu-ray playback software, I use Arcsoft's TotalMedia Threatre and love it. I got it on sale, so look around for some deals.

Cheapest that works with all bluray functionality is probably Roxio's Cineplayer. It's about 50usd, but look around for web coupons, and it goes to about 40usd. I got my copy at 34usd :)

There are lots of free players out there. IDK what these folks are talking about.

DAPlayer is one of them. Mac BluRay Player is also one. (It has a PC version)

I use DAPlayer the most.

TotalMedia Player is $100 but is the best out there.

I have yet to not be able to play a Blu-Ray with the software I named above and I have roughly 200 Blu-Rays in my collection.

If you actually read my original post you would have seen that I tried searching on google before I posted this. Most of the articles or forum posts that I found were outdated and I wanted to get my fellow [H]ard members opinion on the subject. I guess I shouldn't ask a question, on a forum, that has been asked before? Ya, no one does that. Anyways, thanks for your great contribution to my thread.

To everyone else, I appreciate your comments and im gonna check a few of them out. I am looking for a player that just works, without having to do a bunch of work arounds, so I think im going to avoid any free players. I am willing to put down the cash to keep me from having to deal with the headache.

Well, it looks like im going to go with totalmedia theatre 5. Yes, its pricey but I read alot of positive reviews about it and it also looks quite simple to setup. Thanks for advice guys.

does Advanced SimHD for TotalMedia Player actually work? if so i might get it. i have a bunch of old stuff

There are lots of free players out there. IDK what these folks are talking about.

DAPlayer is one of them. Mac BluRay Player is also one. (It has a PC version)

I use DAPlayer the most.

TotalMedia Player is $100 but is the best out there.

Thanks for letting us know you have no idea what you are talking about.

The Mac Blu Ray Player comes in a trial version that offers a free 3-month playback. During this time the player will put a watermark on the screen and some features may be disabled, but with the $39.95 license for the software, you should be able to play your movies in full.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20077240-263/blu-ray-playback-comes-to-os-x/#ixzz1ZKHr3jkl

Back