Blu Ray Drives

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 24, 2005
Messages
6,346
Looking for a desk top Blu Ray drive that is great with damaged, scratched disks.

Doesn't have to be the fastest, don't need a burner.
 
My lg does fine with scratches on discs, but I think they all do. The big problem is if the metal layer on top is damaged.
 
My lg does fine with scratches on discs, but I think they all do. The big problem is if the metal layer on top is damaged.

Gotcha. I have an LG drive from a couple of years ago and it seems like it is choking on the media. The bad and damaged ones.

I'll investigate to see if a firmware update is available.
 
I have an external LG and internal LG and both work fine for all my very very old CDs, and DVDs as well as Blus.

Scratches normally aren't a problem it's the smudges that need cleaned, and ultimately you can buff the disc. But as was said the layer on top can degrade, become scratched (problem with old Kodak CDs), and overall cause issues.
 
I updated to 2.0. Don't know if that helped. By the by, when I was looking for firmware I learned my drive is from 2009.
 
Back
Top