• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Blu-Ray drive reads slow

coder_t2

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
1,166
Hey guys, I have a Samsung SH-B123L blu ray drive. When I put in a blu ray disc, it takes about 5 minutes or so for the disc to get recognized by Windows. The blu-ray drive is trying to read the disc this entire time. I have the latest firmware. Is this normal?
 
Disc is not scratched. I have tried like 4 different discs. Have had this problem since I installed the drive. So I am wondering if my drive is bad, or if Blu Ray is just a PITA for everyone. DVDs play fine.
 
Last edited:
My Blu-ray's start in TMT in 10 seconds. You might have a bad drive.
 
I am running my computer in with AHCI on. I don't see any thing that says PIO and DMA. Is that just for IDE mode?
 
I am running my computer in with AHCI on. I don't see any thing that says PIO and DMA. Is that just for IDE mode?


LOL, yea PIO and DMA stuff is about 7 years too old for blu-ray.
 
Yea I kind of figured. Well going to go through the process of RMAing and hopefully that fixes the problem. I always thought Samsung made quality products, but I seem to have to send everything i get from them in for warranty. 2 hard drives and now a ODD.
 
Back
Top