Blown system?

BigGreenMat

Limp Gawd
So I have had an older Athlon 64 X2 system running for years now using the same power supply. My roommate unplugged the computer moving
stuff around. When I plugged it back in a really super high pitch noise came from the power supply and nothing would power on. Although the motherboard power indicator light was green. I tried another power supply that wasn't the right kind, it was an old 20pin vs. the newer 24pin that my mobo requires, and the fans would spin up at least. This made me convinced, along with the high pitch sound that my power supply had blown. So I ordered a new Enermax and plugged it in. Now EVERYTHING lights up and spins as soon as I flip the power supply switch on. So all the fans spin up and the case lights go on, but I get no motherboard post or any other beeps or boops. So obviously something is going. What do you all think it is? The mobo light is on and green. Hitting the power and restart buttons on the case don't do anything. Is the mobo fried? Could the case be faulty now? It worked perfectly up to this point. I have spare RAM sticks, another CPU, and Video Card to swap in, but I am thinking doing this will accomplish nothing if my mobo won't post. Anyway here is the whole tapout of the system as it is now.

Athlon 64 X2 3600
Asus A8N-E 939 Nforce4 Ultra
2gb of Corsair RAM
Super LanBoy Case
Enermax 720w Infiniti
Galaxy Nvidia 8800GT
300gb Maxtor HDD 16mb buffer 7200RPM
Creative Audigy 2ZS Platinum

Thanks for any help or suggestions. Right now my current thought is I am just gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new CPU, MOBO, RAM combo.

A case can't really become "faulty". Sounds like the fried PSU took the motherboard with it.

I came accross a similar incident once. try removing all the cards except for the RAM and see if it POSTS. The squeeling from my incident was caused by the video card and once removed it posted normally (minus the video of course).

I replaced the video card, ram, and cpu with working spares that I had to no avail. Same results. I am quite sure now the board is fried, hopefully it didn't fry my video card or drives as I would like to recycle those into my next comp. I guess I am in the market for a new CPU/MOBO/RAM combo. Any good ideas for good performance on the cheap?

Back