• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Blown Kingwin lzg-850

mellon

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 23, 2010
Messages
95
I was running some stress tests on my computer to test out my new cooler when I noticed my screens went black and my psu was Smoking! :eek:

Anyway, while I wait for a possible warranty return I'd like to hear suggestions for a replacement unit.

specs:
3x 120mm fan
3x 180mm fan
sli gtx 275s
955BE oc @3.8ghz
1x sata dvd drive
4x hdds
2x 2gig ddr3 1066

I did run my specs on the antec psu calculator and it came out a little over 850watts, so I assume I might want to get something a little more beefy this time.
 
A 750W PSU is plenty for your PC. 850W is gravy. Just RMA the thing and use the replacement. It's a good PSU; you were just unlucky and happened to get a defective unit.
 
got an rma number, awaiting replacement
I guess I'll give it another shot when I get the replacement

thanks for replying ;)
 
Back
Top