Blowhole on bottom of case

UT-Jackal

Limp Gawd
I was thinking of putting a 120mm fan in the bottom of my case directly below the cpu which would blow in air, and then placing a dual fans on top for exhast. Would this be benificial at all and if so how high would the case have to be lifted for it to work well?

probably at least 3/4" off of the ground. But keep in mind that everything that settles on the floor is gonna get picked up by that.

true i didnt think about that, but then again, the only things on the bottom of my case are dust, would that be bad if it picked up the dust? Because after all there must be some dust flying in the case at all times anyways

Oh, it would be sitting on the desk, but would it help enough to mess with it?

Yes, it will help. Make sure no PCI cards, the mobo pin headers, etc are not in the way of your hole/fan mount.

i have 2 intakes on the bottom and 2 exhaust on the top myself.(32" server case on wheels)
i figured hot air rises , so....
anyhow , the Dustbunny Army invades my case on a weekly basis. :p

One 80mm hole feeding the vidcard fan and one in front of case blowing up underneath HD's ,
airflow is good and not too noisy

I have a blowhole fan on the bottom front of my case, that is attached to a small hose that bring in cold air from my window. In the summer i hook it to the room air conditioner but most of the year here in beautiful NJ its cold outside and that cold air gets sucked right into my case keeping it cool :p

yeah the fan on the bottom of the case wont work too great after all. It is blocked by the vid card, DOH!

UT-Jackal said:
yeah the fan on the bottom of the case wont work too great after all. It is blocked by the vid card, DOH!
try a fan duct

Its a duct that admires your fan and wants to be just like it ;)

No really, its a piece of tubing or conduit that lets you route air flow

UT-Jackal said:
what exactly is a fan duct?
its a flexible tubing that you can route from a fixed fan to anywhere you want it to blow at if space permits

wayne said:
its a flexible tubing that you can route from a fixed fan to anywhere you want it to blow at if space permits
I.E. The ducting that comes out the back of your clothes dryer, only small enough to fit in your computer ;)

oh ok ive seen that befor. doesnt look very nice though, i guess ill just leave my cooling system alone for now. =-\

UT-Jackal said:
I was thinking of putting a 120mm fan in the bottom of my case directly below the cpu which would blow in air, and then placing a dual fans on top for exhast. Would this be benificial at all and if so how high would the case have to be lifted for it to work well?

SUCKHOLE...LOL

Seen a few of those before...funy thing is they had nothing to do with computers LOL..and more to do with drunk chicks...

Later

MD

Back