Blowhole fans?

Moose777

2[H]4U
Does anyone know of some really good, reliable 120mm fans that can be mounted on their side?

Right now I've got a couple of TT blue LED fans as my blowhole fans and they work when they want to work. They are pretty much new. I've also got another set of new TT fnas that also do not work when they are mounted flat. They'll work standing on edge but that defeats the purpose of blowhole fans.

I don't know, but the Scythe one Performance PC's installed in my V-1000 barely moved. Just got a Aerocool Turbine one, looks cool. Gonna install it tomorrow.

honestly, i've never encountered a fan that doesn't work in ANY position... are you running them at extremely low voltages or something?

every single fan i have works on it's side, laying flat, standing up, etc...

illig said:

Yes. If a fan wouldn't run "on its back", I would think it was broken.

illig said:
honestly, i've never encountered a fan that doesn't work in ANY position... are you running them at extremely low voltages or something?

Except upside down. I don't think a fan will work upside down. Definitely won't work upside down. :p

If thin sized 120s aren't an issue then I'd go with the Panaflo fans. They're quiet and push a lot of air. Unfortunately they don't make the thin sized fans in the 120s. :(

When he said they didn't work upside down, it meant it wouldn't be a blowhole, it would be s suckhole.

.....sounded weird.

I'm sorry, I meant lying flat blowing hot air out of the case. They don't spin. I literally have to stick my finger on the fans and manually spin them before they start to move.

As for them being run on really low voltage, no, they are hooked directly up to 12vs and they are on a "pot" type controller maxed out and they barely spin.

I've run quite a few fans in many different positions and have never had issues with them, even thermaltakes :confused:

Right now I have a purple LED Coolermaster 120mm fan on my blowhole, another as an exhaust, and one for the side intake on my PC7 Plus. No problems with any. My front intake is an Evercool Alu hooked up to a radiator.

That's really weird, really really weird :eek: Could the controller be faulty?

Have you tried dropping some oil down the shaft to see if it reduces the amount of friction?

Yea well, my fans run inside out and sideways... not to mention diagonal ways, but that may be too hardcore for some to even imagine.

We are allowed to say suckhole?

WedgeTail said:
Have you tried dropping some oil down the shaft to see if it reduces the amount of friction?
No, I haven't. What kind of oil would I use? Motor Oil? Marvel Mystery Oil?

I've had 4 TT blue LED 120mm fans that do this and its quite annoying.

Back