Blow Hole?

SquallRealm

Limp Gawd
I want to make a blow hole ontop of my case.. i read a thread about some guy who modded his case with a 180mm and got low temps..

Anyways, any recomendations on where to find one? i don't care about noice because its loud as it is already.. :eek:

(1) you are talking about an 80mm fan, not a 180mm... there is no such thing as a 180mm fan.
(2) go to the hardware store and buy a 80mm hole saw and a drill (the kind that plugs in) practice on scrap metal (same kind of metal as the case) until you get the hang of it.
then cut the hole.

you dont even need to be all that good with a dremel, just careful, keep the cut well inside the circle, and then take a lot of patience filing down the cut to exactly where it should be.

180mm fan, are you sure........Havent seen one...Unless you are talking about one of those desk fans :p

I did a twin 60mm blow hole( side by side) a few days ago, man Is that box loud now!
shiki.gif

u_DR_K13

u_DR_K13

lol too much money, i'll just buy a fan with at least 150cfm..
i wanted to know if a Fan Controller was neccessary and what the differences are between ones for 20$ and others for 50$

SquallRealm said:
lol too much money, i'll just buy a fan with at least 150cfm..
i wanted to know if a Fan Controller was neccessary and what the differences are between ones for 20$ and others for 50$

Usually the main factor in the cost of fans is the cfm/dba ratio. Higher ratio fans tend to cost more since you are getting more cooling for less noise. Also the type of fan, ball-bearing, sleeve-bearing, etc. plays a minor role in the overall cost. You also must factor in "features" such as LED lights, UV reactive fins, speed control.. The name-brand premiums and of course how much profit a retailer wants to make off of you will also affect the final cost of the fan.

For me a good 120mm would cost around $20 including tax and shipping. $50.00 I think is overkill. (But some people will pay it)

BTW a 150cfm going at full blast is going to be killer on your ears. And I would say though not necessary, a fan controller would be a very nice thing to have.

150CFM for an exhaust is about 5x overkill. And make sure you've got an intake sucking noticably more air then your exhaust is blowing out or you're gonna steal your PSU's airflow, cause your PSU needs air to pull from inside the case too.

Ok, i was thinking a fan controller would be a good idea because 40% of my time i am browsing the web, and the temps are at idle and i don't really need some of the loud fans to run...
Edit: what is
this?
because i have 1 fan located behind the hdd that i can move to the rear and put these two in..

SquallRealm said:
Ok, i was thinking a fan controller would be a good idea because 40% of my time i am browsing the web, and the temps are at idle and i don't really need some of the loud fans to run...
Edit: what is
this?
because i have 1 fan located behind the hdd that i can move to the rear and put these two in..
for a fan controller i would recommend this one http://www.svc.com/bus-55-sl-24.html it is normally $25 but currently out of stock at svc

as for that other product you are asking about, it is a hard drive cooler that cools your hard drives. It won't really give you much air flow to the rest of your case. I would recommend you keep your front intake fan to make sure you have good airflow.

If you are going to use a 120mm fan, you can use a normal compact disc for measurement of the blowhole...they are nearly the same size. Make sure you TRIPLE check all measurements before doing any cutting!

Back