Blocking Internet

AnotherUser

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to easily block the internet from being used on just a single PC. The PC still needs access to other network resources but internet needs to be disabled.

OS is Windows XP I believe. I don't want to filter with Open DNS as we only want to block 1 PC and also want to use internal DNS.

I think I'm over thinking this, this has got to be easier than I'm thinking.

What is your router/firewall device? If you have something that is manageable you can simply block the IP address of that PC on ports 80/443. DDWRT (I believe its called that) on a home wireless device has easy ways to perform such blocks.

If your using IP tables on your router, I believe you can use.

Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -s <pc_ip_address> -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-net-prohibited

Is this on a domain? If so apply a GPO to a new OU called "No Internet" put a fake proxy in there and then put the PC in the OU.

We do something similar here at work to block internet on the shop floor PCs. Point the proxy to 0.0.0.0 and have a list of 10 or so internal sites they can access.

Enter a static IP address and subnet, leave the gateway blank. DNS is optional if you use IP addresses for internal resources.

Back