blocking a program from opening in XP pro

Absentee

[H]F Junkie
ok..heres the problem
my sister has discovered photoshop. the problem with that is...she WONT STOP CHANGING MY PREFERENCES/COLOR SETTINGS/OTHER VARIOUS THINGS!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

im working on getting her a copy of PSP so she can do whatever with that while my photoshop preferences stay intact...

but in the meantime i need to be able to lock her account (a limited account) out of using photoshop

ive searched in the group policy editor but can't find anything..so is there any way to block her from using any program (photoshop in this case..but i may find others i need to kill)

if theres a 3rd party probram i can use that would be great (as long as it doesnt block me from using PS too)

thanks in advance!

PS. dont tell me to talk to her and explain not to do that..because being the tipical 12 year old girl she is i get a "DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" or "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!"...beleive me..ive tried

4b5eN+EE said:
ok..heres the problem
my sister has discovered photoshop. the problem with that is...she WONT STOP CHANGING MY PREFERENCES/COLOR SETTINGS/OTHER VARIOUS THINGS!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

im working on getting her a copy of PSP so she can do whatever with that while my photoshop preferences stay intact...

but in the meantime i need to be able to lock her account (a limited account) out of using photoshop

ive searched in the group policy editor but can't find anything..so is there any way to block her from using any program (photoshop in this case..but i may find others i need to kill)

if theres a 3rd party probram i can use that would be great (as long as it doesnt block me from using PS too)

thanks in advance!

PS. dont tell me to talk to her and explain not to do that..because being the tipical 12 year old girl she is i get a "DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" or "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!"...beleive me..ive tried

http://www.browsecontrol.com/application.htm

can you just make 2 user accounts on the computer and install photoshop on each of them so she can have her settings and you can have yours?

compslckr said:
can you just make 2 user accounts on the computer and install photoshop on each of them so she can have her settings and you can have yours?

That would possibly work...

rename the photoshop .exe file before you leave the computer, then rename it when you want to use it.

Remove her account's permissions on the Photoshop folder and anything else you want to keep her out of.

Talon Blackrazor said:
Remove her account's permissions on the Photoshop folder and anything else you want to keep her out of.
how would i go about doing that? thats exactly what i want to do

ive been trying to figure that out for awhile now since i have my documents shared (so my shuttle upstairs can access them) and i can't keep her from making duplicates of all my pics and music files

fills up the HDD real quick

MyComputer
tools
folder options
view tab
uncheck "use simple file sharing"
apply and O.K. out

right-click on the photoshop program files folder
left-click on properties
security tab
modify the User group permissions

Back