Blizzcon

Kane_233

n00b
Anybody think Blizzard might finally unveil what they've been working on lately? The new add-on for WoW is already announced so what else does Blizzard have to show at Blizzcon?

Seems weird right?

They have their new franchises like Hearthstone, the have the next SC expansion ... and who knows they could always break with tradition and announce an extra expansion in the Diablo Universe ... they also have all their other media stuff (books, collectibles, etc) so they might focus some time there ... I'm kind of on the fence if I want to do the virtual ticket again this year (I enjoyed the last two years but I am moving to a new city a week before Blizzcon and will be hitting the road for business travel right after ... however, that could be a good way to stress test my new internet provider :) )

Well you can either look at it like they just recently had new IP in Heartstone and upcoming in Heroes of the Storm or they haven't had new IP since Starcraft in 1998.

Kinda hoping for SC 2 expansion and another D3 expansion really.

WarCraft 4, in the vein of WarCraft 2 please. MAKE IT HAPPEN. I hated how orcs lost ogre mages in wc3.

Nah, WarCraft and WOW are two totally different beasts, just based in the same story arc.

I too think it would be awesome if the WarCraft IP got the same level of treatment and love that the Starcraft game is currently getting...

worm

As much as I would love another RTS, I dont think we'll see any good RTS from any company for a long time. It's a dead genre, most of the RTS followers have moved on to watching MOBA. This is because MOBAs are on the same line of gameplay but is easier to swallow as a watcher and easier to pick up as a player. Just look at twitch followers by game.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see what comes after Legacy or to see WC4 in its glory, but the market has spoken and votes with wallets show that RTS games just arent as popular. What other competitive RTS exists? Is there any other RTS presence in e-sports? How were the sales of HoTS? Is there any reason to believe that a significant amount of people will buy and continue to play another RTS?

People can petition and cry for these games as much as they want, but like every other game company they have to find a way to turn profit from these games or they wont be considered. There's just as many or more people who have written Blizzard off for various reasons (WoW's direction, D3 AH, etc) that I dont think Blizzard will rely on the fanbase to flock to WC4 by name alone.

Back on topic, Blizzcon is gonna be awesome....
george-zimmer-300x225.jpg

Last edited:
IMO WoW was the worst thing that could happen to the franchise, although a good money maker.

Well those millions of people that made the company a multibillion dollar business can't all be wrong , WoW is still top 3 MMORPG , that is just your opinion . I am not a fan of the last 3 expansions but hoping the new expansion brings the game to fun again.

Well those millions of people that made the company a multibillion dollar business can't all be wrong , WoW is still top 3 MMORPG , that is just your opinion . I am not a fan of the last 3 expansions but hoping the new expansion brings the game to fun again.

Hence the IMO and the "money maker" comment.

If is is SC-2 final episode (protoss), then i hope it's on par or better than WoL. I was disappointed with HotS. It was fun, but not anywhere near as good as WoL, single player campaign wise.

a good buddy of mine has been playing WOW since it released.
Last week he paid like $300+ for some items given out at a
Blizzcon in France. I wonder if those items are worth the price
and time of a digital ticket??

I always wanted to go to blizzcon and comiccon and all those other ones.
They are all in the west coast, they should come to the east coast
more often! Fuckers!

a good buddy of mine has been playing WOW since it released.
Last week he paid like $300+ for some items given out at a
Blizzcon in France. I wonder if those items are worth the price
and time of a digital ticket??

I always wanted to go to blizzcon and comiccon and all those other ones.
They are all in the west coast, they should come to the east coast
more often! Fuckers!

You can buy an online Blizzcon ticket for all the virtual swag they give out at the events. You just won't get the physical stuff like bags, toys, plushes etc.. which you can buy on ebay for like $20. The main thing everyone wants are the ingame companions and Diablo cosmetics. Those alone go for $200+

You can buy an online Blizzcon ticket for all the virtual swag they give out at the events. You just won't get the physical stuff like bags, toys, plushes etc.. which you can buy on ebay for like $20. The main thing everyone wants are the ingame companions and Diablo cosmetics. Those alone go for $200+

Yes! that's what he got a WOW companion for $300.00 + dollars..
Well then a digital ticket is not worth it but I would love to
attend one!

Blizzcon was so fun last year....... for about 2 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a nerd.... but I don't give 2 shades of shit about the music/art behind the games. I thought the panels were boring as hell. The only cool thing was them reveling the WoW movie and expansion. Oh and playing the D3 expansion was pretty cool, too.

I guess blizzcon just didn't for me :(

SC2 expansion and hopefully something about d3. WoD is already announced so many some tid bits about it. I couldn't imagination anything else really being mentioned. Sure new books toys ect ect. I bought the Book of Cain and is amazing, any big fan of d3 should own/read it.

Yes! that's what he got a WOW companion for $300.00 + dollars..
Well then a digital ticket is not worth it but I would love to
attend one!

The digital ticket is worth it if you want the benifits without the price. The digital ticket is usually about $40 or $50, you get the WOW companion, Diablo cosmetics, Portraits all the digital stuff oh and a live stream of the event if you're into that sort of thing. You can always sell the WOW companion later for 4x the price.

Back