Blizzcon Discussion

Sooo now there is a Blizzard's DOTA and Valve's Dota 2.

Looks like the clash of the titans is upon us.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN

Class changes:

Ranged Weapons:
Hunter minimum range is gone!
Hunter melee weapon is gone!
Ranged slot for all other characters are gone.
Relics are gone.
Rogues and warriors can now throw their melee weapon
Wands become main hand weapons

Warlock:
Unique resource for each spec.
Affliction will keep Soul Shards, they are currently not interesting enough but devs have cool ideas for them.
Demonology will get Demonic Fury, you build up Demonic Fury and you metamorphosize when you max your Demonic Fury. More skills will be added to Demon Form, etc ...
Destruction will get Infernal Embers. The destruction warlock who keeps getting casting fire spells get hotter and hotter and will eventually deal insane amount of damage, you can build it up pretty quickly and unleash your big spell.

Shaman:
Buff totems are gone. It just wasn't very interesting to be the buff bitch of the group.
All totems are now utility
New totem examples:
Earthgrab totem - roots
Repulsion totem - repels
Bulwark Totem - absorbs

Druid:
They always felt like they had 4 specs, so now they do.
Feral - Cat (melee dps)
Guardian - bear (tanking)
Some overlap between the two
All druids can still go cat or bear form.

All classes:
Spell books cleaned up, got rid of more junk, the goal is to clean up action bars a little more without removing the fun things.
Rotations will be improved
Spells will be automatically learned, you won't have to go to your trainer anymore.
You will get a new spell at level 87, level 90 new talent point.
Talent trees should be fun, and you should have more choice than just a cookie cutter build.

Sooo now there is a Blizzard's DOTA and Valve's Dota 2.

Looks like the clash of the titans is upon us.

Yea they announced the Blizzard DotA mod last year but it's been missing in action up until now. Looks like they got carried away with it and are doing a lot more. I don't think this is intended to be a competitor in the MOBA scene since its just a custom map. It's probably just a good reference in showing off the power of the SC2 galaxy editor.

Class changes:
Talent trees should be fun, and you should have more choice than just a cookie cutter build.

I don't think blizzard understands that there will always be a cookie cutter build unless the two specs do exactly the same amount of damage or they completely remove all aspects of choice from the game.

Cut and pasting from the talent live blog, i'll update as they add more:

5:16 pm "Goal here is that you're standing next to another combat rogue, for example, and the combat rogue has different talents than you. Wouldn't that be something ... and they're not just an idiot."

5:17 pm Character customization was the original point of the talent system, but over time cookie-cutter builds have dominated more than anything else. Cataclysm talent revamp was intended to give players more meaningful choices, and while they feel they made a number of improvements, they don't feel it entirely delivered. "Time to do it over."

5:18 pm All about customization, interesting and difficult choices.

5:18 pm Core class abilities available to everyone regardless of your talent choices, e.g. Heroic Strike. Spec abilities like Mortal Strike for arms, but will be expanded to things that are currently core abilities iconic to a certain spec, or old talents, or existing abilities.

5:19 pm Arms warriors, in that vein, will be able to learn Slam.

5:19 pm Now talents. One of the things they've learned over time is that a survivability ability next to a DPS ability in a DPS player, they will always take the DPS ability. "Really saps the actual reality of choice from the decision." What if they gave you three different survivability talents, and you got your choice? Which one appeals to you more as a player?

5:20 pm DPS to DPS abilities, survivability to survivability, mobility to mobility, etc. You get your choice among CC abilities, you get your choice among survivability, etc.

5:21 pm Warrior examples: Enrage as a passive, level 10 will choose your spec from among arms, fury, and protection with lots of implications. Some overlap when it makes sense between different specs, but abilities will largely be different.

5:22 pm At level 15 you get your first talent, then again every 15 levels. Juggernaut, Double Time (Charge twice in a row) or Warbringer? Which mobility talent makes the most sense for you as a player?

5:22 pm They'll cover all the classes in the panel this afternoon.

5:22 pm If you're, say, a subtlety rogue, you know you get Shadowstep these days, but you're not able to combine that with Killing Spree. The MoP talents can play against each other in the same tree, and you can create combinations of the coolest talents in the game.

5:23 pm Will also be adding several new "overpowered-feeling" talents to the trees. Bear in mind, Chilton say, don't make assumption about the talents you see here about how they'll operate, everything's very up in the air now. Cooldowns will change, durations will change, these will have to undergo a lot of testing. Certain abilities have had to be nerfed because they were too good in tandem with each other (Kick, Gouge, rogue stuns, etc.) but the new system should afford them a lot more flexibility.

5:24 pm If you don't see a beloved talent today, don't worry! Ten to one it's just been moved around a bit.

5:25 pm All holy priests now have Circle of Healing. Hopefully no talents will feel mandatory. Hard but fun choices.

5:25 pm "Now I'm just going to go through every freaking talent. Greg, take it away."

5:25 pm None of these are set in stone, don't worry about the numbers. Look at the spirit of the talent.

5:25 pm Monk talents will be skipped, they make no sense right now.

5:25 pm "We're going in alphabetical order, so if you're a warrior, go get a beer."

DEATH KNIGHTS

5:26pm First death knight tier is all about diseases. Corpse Explosion is coming back. If a target dies with your diseases on it, explode it.

5:26 pm Next tier is survivability. BOne Shield, Anti Magic Zone, Lichborne.

5:26 pm LEvel 45 is about movement and control Death's Advance, Chillblains, and a new one called Asphyxiate.

5:27 pm Level 60 is a healing tier. Death Pact, Death Siphon, and Vampiric Blood. Second is new, suck shadow damage and heal yourself.

5:27 pm Level 75 is really interesting. Blood Tap, Runic Empowerment, Runic Corruption.

5:28 pm "If you like it, choose it. If not, take something else." Take a depleted rune, turn it into a death rune.

5:28 pm Level 90 is all about awesome crowd control. Gorefiend's Grasp, AE death grip. Holy crap. Remorseless Winter similar to Lich King's ability. Desecrated Ground, immune to CC effects. Death knights are going to be frigging monsters in PvP in MoP, my prediction.

DRUIDS

5:30 pm (big cheer for druids) level 15 Feline Swiftness, Displacer Beast, Tireless Pursuit. Cat-themed level. This is all about mobility and speed. Many of these are "This ability activates (X)."

5:30 pm Level 30 is a healing tier. Nature's Swiftness, Renewal, and Cenarion Ward. CW is interesting, this is the shield-type ability druids have wondered about.

5:31 pm Level 45 is a crowd-control tier. Faerie Swarm, Mass Entanglement, Typhoon. "If you want to be the bear with Typhoon, here's your chance."

5:31 pm Level 60, pretty cool tier according to GC. Wild Charge is a new version of Feral Charge. Can instantly fly to an ally's position from caster form! Incarnation, Force of Nature.

5:33 pm Level 75 a bear theme. Demoralizing Roar, Ursol's Vortex, Bear Hug. Demo Roar is CC now, group disorient (SCORE). Pulls all enemies to you in wind (SCORE). Bear Hug is an interesting stunned, but you have to actively stun them (SCORE?).

5:33 pm Level 90 Heart of the Wild, Master Shapeshifter, and Disentanglement. "How do you want to be a shapeshifter?" Ohhhhh, this tier does not look like it's gonna be a fun choice, I have to say as a druid player ....

Last edited:
Class changes:

Warlock:
Unique resource for each spec.
Affliction will keep Soul Shards, they are currently not interesting enough but devs have cool ideas for them.
Demonology will get Demonic Fury, you build up Demonic Fury and you metamorphosize when you max your Demonic Fury. More skills will be added to Demon Form, etc ...
Destruction will get Infernal Embers. The destruction warlock who keeps getting casting fire spells get hotter and hotter and will eventually deal insane amount of damage, you can build it up pretty quickly and unleash your big spell.

My main has always been my warlock so I am interested in these changes. The rest of the stuff showed so far...not so much.

I'll probably pick up the expansion but I doubt it will keep me in the game more than a month or two.

HUNTERS

Top hunter tier at level 15 is all about arrows and ammunition. Three different types, Frozen Arrows, Arcane Arrows, Venom-Tipped.

5:36: Intimidation, Silencing Shot, Wyvern Sting.

5:36 pm Disengage tier: Posthaste, Evasiveness, Exhilaration. Can get a self-heal.

5:36 pm Level 60 Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera - can improve Disengage and deterrence. Aspect of the Iron Hawk, and Spirit Bond.

5:37 pm Level 75 Fervor, Readiness, and Thrill of the Hunt, which passively gets focus for you.

Level 90: Traps! Flash Freeze, Black Ice, Transmorph Trap. Improves movement speed (the first, that is), toxin on Transmorph Trap that turns a target into a beast. interesting form of crowd control there.

What happens to the pet talents? GC says hunters can use any of the three specs for your pets. If you want to have a bear doing DPS or a moth in the raid, just choose which role you want them to perform.

MAGES

Works really well with this talent system because many of the fun and survivability talents always went to mages. Arcane Blast is arcane only, Fireball is fire only, frostbolt is frost only.

Level 15 is a very chilly tier: Ring of Frost, Cone of Cold, Frostjaw.

5:40 pm Greater Invisibility, Cauterize, and Cold Snap at level 30.

5:41 pm Level 45: all about movement. Presence of Mind, Scorch, and Arcane Flows. Remember, as GC says, you only get one. Scorch castable while moving. Arcane Flows allows you to case two while moving. PoM is still the same ol', same ol', granting an instant cast.

5:41 pm Level 60: Escape and control level. Mana Shield with Incanter's Absorption baked in, Blazing Speed, and Ice Barrier.

5:42 pm Level 75: Sickly Polymorph, Heavy Polymorph, and Double Polymorph. These have very obvious PvP and PvE themes. Double allows you to have two at once. Heavy stuns.

5:42 pm Level 90 is a crowd control tier. Blast Wave, Dragon's Breath, and Slow.

Last edited:
I'm kind of glad the expansion isn't that exciting this time. It won't pull me back this time! Even people that are excited for it, you have to admit.. compare your excitement level with any of the last 3 expansions being revealed :p (unless... you REALLY love Pandaren...)

I think the subscription model they introduced is interesting, finally offering rewards to subscribes. They should have done this a long time ago. I wish there were more savings in it, though... something like, getting Diablo 3 and the next SC expansion free. I hate to look a gifthorse in the mouth but :p

PALADINS

Level 15 is a tier about movement. Speed of Light, Long Arm of the Law, and Pursuit of Justice. 10% movement speed for each charge of Holy Power. Interesting.

5:43 pm Level 30 is a crowd control tier. Fist of Justice replaces Hammer of Justice, very short cooldown, going to make my life hell in battlegrounds, I know. Repentance, Seal of Justice.

5:44 pm 45 is a survival tier. Blessed Life, Sacred Shield, Ardent Defender.

5:44 pm Level 60 is a healing tier. Selfless Healer, Eternal Glory, and Holy Shield. Eternal Glory is also a Light of Dawn replacement. Think of Holy Shield as an absorption form of World of Glory.

5:45 pm Level 75 is about utility: Veneration (Consecration, allies in consecration are immune to movement impairing effects), Acts of Sacrifice, Clemency (reset cooldowns)

5:46 pm Level 90 is burst and cooldowns. Common complaint is that pally cooldowns are cool but too many of them. Holy Avenger, Sanctified Wrath (different for each spec), and Divine Purpose. DP gives you holy power without its being tied to a cooldown.

PRIESTS

The priest is a challenge with two healing specs and a DPS specs, and they still want choices to be as interesting. Creative talents that GC likes.

Level 15 is about control. Void Tendrils (AOE root), Psyfiend, Psychic Scream (existing talent).

5:48 pm Level 30 is a fun tier, adds wrinkle to existing abilities. Body and Soul, Path of the Devout, Phantasm (when you Fade, you remove movement effects and give yourself a speed boost).

5:48 pm Level 45 is about damage and healing. From Darkness, Comes Light, Divine Star (GC says they've never tried something like this), and Archangel.

5:49 pm LEvel 60 is about keeping the priest alive. Desperate Prayer, Angelic Bulwark, Final Prayer.

5:49 pm Level 75: Power tier. Twist of Fate, Power Infusion (now available to everyone), and Serendipity.

5:49 pm Level 90, three crazy new abilities. Vow of Unity, designate a champion, when you heal them you heal yourself. Void Shift, swap health percentage with current friendly target (interesting). That's gonna piss off a lot of PvPers. Vampiric Dominance, version of Vampiric Embrace.

Last edited:
ROGUES

Rogue really benefits from this new model as well. Level 10: Nightstalker, Subterfuge, Shadow Focus, all dealing with stealth.

5:51 pm Level 30 is about control and survivability. Deadly Throw with movement speed debuff, Nerve Strike debuffs damage, Combat Readiness.

5:52 pm Level 45 is about staying alive. Cheat Death, Leeching Poison, Improved Recuperate.

5:52 pm Level 60. Shadowstep, Preparation, Burst of Speed. Glyphed Preparation is in the new form of Prep. SPrint on no cooldown that costs energy is Burst of Speed by the way.

5:53 pm Level 75: Deadly Brew, Paralytic Poison, Dirty Tricks. This is the debuff tier.

5:53 pm LEvel 90: Killing Spree, Shadow Dance, Vendetta. Shadow Dance we already know, but the others are different. KS can be pressed multiple times, each time gives you a teleport within 5 seconds. Vendetta is all about Vengeful Strike, a new ability with Vendetta. 30-yard range, target-switching orient.

SHAMAN

Level 10 is Frozen Power, Earthgrab Totem, Repulsion Totem. FP roots a target in ice with Frost Shock, Earthgrab is an AOE root, Repulsion keeps them away.

5:55pm Survivability at level 30: Nature's Guardian, Stone Bulwark Totem, Astral Shift.

5:56 pm Level 45: Improved Ghost Wolf (instant ghost wolf goes to every shaman regardless), Windwalk Totem grants movement impairment immunity to group.

5:56 pm Healing tier at 60. Healing Tide Totem (like Tranquility). Ancestral Guidance, has a chance of copying a heal to another target. Fortifying Waters.

5:57 pm Level 75 is about burst. Elemental Mastery, Nature's Swiftness, Echo of the Elements. EM is like a self-Bloodlust on top of the group one.

5:57 pm Level 90 is a high-concept tier. Crazy things to your totems! Elemental Harmony allows several of the same class totems, multiple earth totems for example. Totemic Restoration, Totemic Projection.

WARLOCKS

A lot of healing and survivability, want to push mages and warlocks farther apart.

5:59 pm Level 10. Dark Regeneration, Soul Leech, Harvest of Life (sucks life from nearby enemies to restore yourself). Healing tier.

6:00 pm Level 30: Howl of Terror, Mortal Coil, Shadowfury. AOE fear, AOE stun, crowd control.

6:00 pm Level 45, survivability tier. Hour of Twilight, Soul Link, Sacrificial Pact. Kind of like the existing voidwalker ability, makes you immune to damage for a while.

6:00 pm Level 60: Three ways to heal yourself or avoid damage. Bloodstone, Spell Drain, Nether Ward.

6:01 pm Level 75: Really cool stuff here and 90. Level 75 is about pets. Replace your demon with Grimoire Supremacy (more powerful demons), Grimoire of Service (two active demons!), Grimoire of Sacrifice (sac your pet again, players evidently liked this mechanic).

6:02 pm Level 90: Themed on demons. Archimonde's Vengeance, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning, Illidan's Guile (splash damage to other enemies in the area).

WARRIORS

First tier is the charge tier: Juggernaut (lowers cooldown), Warbringer (5 second root at end of charge), Double Time (charge twice in a row). Charge usable in any stance now.

6:04 pm: Level 30 is about survival. Enraged Regeneration, Second Wind, Impending Victory.

6:04 pm Level 45 is about crowd control. Throwdown, basic stun, Piercing Howl as the AOE snare, Cripple, applying Hamstring without having to do it directly.

6:05 pm Level 60 is about silencing those annoying casters (GC's words, not mine!). Gag Order, Rude Interruption, Disrupting Shout.

6:05 pm Level 75 is about "a little bit of having fun with burst and resource management." Deadly Calm, Death Wish (enrages you, lets fury use Raging Blow, increases rage gen), Bull Rush (when you charge you get enraged).

6:06 pm Level 90: Bladestorm, Shockwave, and Avatar. Avatar is new, transforms you into a colossus, ability from Warcraft 3. "Here you can see the blademaster, tauren chieftain, and mountain king; decide what you want to be."

6:07 pm "Change is scary. And we know one of the initial reactions will be, now I have fewer choices, fewer talents." But they want the quality of the choice to be more than the quantity of the choice. They don't like people cookie-cuttering so much, it doesn't feel very fun.

6:08 pm There are lots of cool talents around, and they want us to have more access to them, less restriction to particular specs. They're also not happy there are lots of less compelling talents still in the trees.

Again, emphasis that none of this is set in stone, they'll probably change a lot, find out "what's overpowered, what's a terrible idea, etc."

Last edited:
If you go over to MMO champion they have screenshots of every single one of the abilities they talked about in the live panel. It explains what everything is.

PALADINS
5:46 pm Level 90 is burst and cooldowns. Common complaint is that pally cooldowns are cool but too many of them. Holy Avenger, Sanctified Wrath (different for each spec), and Divine Purpose. DP gives you holy power without its being tied to a cooldown.

I have had a lot of complaints about paladins over the course of the game such as being a buff bot (vanilla) , not having much in the way of mana regen for healing or dps (BC), Mana starvation for tanks(BC). Inability to tank raids (vanilla), healing being boring and whack a mole (Wotlk), DPS being to RNG based (Cataclysm), Holy Power being Annoying (Cataclysm).

I don't think I have ever had the complaint of "too many cooldowns" though. Hell my GF who plays a priest has like 3 times as many cooldowns as I do.

From the dungeon and raid panel:

6:47 pm Challenge runs are timed runs like the old Stratholme baron runs. "You'll be able to go into a dungeon, timer starts, and then you can see how quickly you can finish it. YOu can earn a gold, silver, or bronze medal."

6:48 pm They'll start with the Pandaria dungeons, and it'll work with the Dungeon Finder tool. You'll get a tool to queue specifically for Challenge runs.

6:49 pm Normalized gear. Everyone in the dungeon will have the exact same ilevel to ensure that Challenge runs are entirely a function of skill, not gear. Even raid gear won't help.

6:50 pm Rewards: Really, really awesome looking gear to use for transmogrification, and valor points. "We really love the idea of unique art for this." Bragging rights are paramount!

6:50 pm Leaderboards will be a huge part. Take your time, compare it against your Battle.net friends, your guildies, your realm. There's a number of ways you can compare yourself to other players.

6:50 pm Mock-ups of the user interface for the Challenge runs: See who ran with whom, what their times were, medals earned, etc. There'll be options to compare guilds by challenge modes.

6:51 pm "This is a look at what will happen when you finish. You can /inspect people to see what times they have."

6:51 pm Raids in Mists of Pandaria! The expansion will ship with three. Two raids of about 5-6 bosses and a third one with a couple bosses. Liked the Cataclysm model that was similar to that.

Two enemy races, Mogu and Mantid, will figure prominently in the first set of raids. All will have Raid Finder, normal, and heroic difficulty.

6:53 pm Mogu'Shan Palace is among the first, close to the center of Pandaria. Will be a 6-boss raid. "Explore the secrets of the ancient Mogu empire." The Mogu empire actually existed before the pandaren.

6:54 pm They have a layout for us "that's actually already changed ... we're iterating all the time, folks." Several concept photographs we'll be able to show you later. Very beautiful Asian-themed palace, even a library room with lots of scrolls. Very beautiful raid.

6:55 pm Raid Finder: Will make its debut in patch 4.3. "The concept came from what we did with the Dungeon Finder, which was very successful at getting players into dungeon content." Raids not getting as many players as they would like. They want everyone to see the content, or at least have a chance to do so.

6:56 pm Want it in the game in time for Deathwing because he's such a central force to the lore of Cataclysm. Lower difficulty level than normal. They won't just retune damage and hitpoints, they're going to retune mechanics. "Would a group of 25 people that hasn't played together previously be able to figure this out?" All bosses will be examined for this. "We're going to go in and make sure that these fights feel right for this difficulty level."

6:57 pm Every single dungeon on launch in MoP will have Raid Finder enabled (I assume he means every single raid). Get into these raids really quickly. On the opposite end, loot and rewards should feel appropriate. You will not get vanity items through the Raid Finder; these are for normal and heroic. Achievements will stay with the normal and heroic, but a Raid Finder achievement will exist.

6:58 pm Mock-up of Raid Finder. Comes with a "side of fries." It'll look a lot like the Dungeon Finder. Open it up, pick your role, and it only works with 25-player raids. They did this specifically for queue times. Queue times for 10-man raids would be much higher.

6:59 pm "One of the things we're really trying to do with MoP is keep experiences short and focused. HoO had seven bosses, Deadmines has 6." Too long. We want you to be able to clear this content without having to devote an entire night to it. Being able to complete dungeons faster means opportunities to do more stuff.

7:00 pm Encounters need to be more understandable so groups aren't set up to fail at them. Dungeon Journal set up specifically to avoid this. They don't like it when the healer gets blamed for deaths that were avoidable. Abilities need to be telegraphed so you don't, out of the blue, get hit by something really deadly. We want you to understand what the mechanics are without making them too hard to enjoythe dungeon, or too easy that they're irrelevant.

7:01 pm "Flexing our creative kung fu!" The last few expansions have had heavy, dark themes: stopping the Scourge, killing Deathwing. In MoP, you're trying to make sure the beer doesn't stop flowing. It's a little more humorous, a little lighter. "We can Dragon Punch people in WoW!" Exciting as designers to experiment with lighter content.

7:02 pm Three dungeons we've glimpsed all exist in the world in a 1:1 scale. A lot of dungeons just seem to be "holes in the wall," you walk past the portal and it's like time and space ceast to exist. The Pandaria dungeons all "really exist" on the outside. Lighten them up, see the sun, enjoy the scenery.

7:03 pm Q&A!

7:03 pm "There's a line happening somewhere, right?" Oh yes, there is.

7:04 pm "Challenge modes: Scale up as well as down?" Currently they're planning only for it to scale down, but they may scale all the monsters' power up. They don't want people to feel less powerful, so maybe everyone will scale up alongside the monsters.

7:05 pm "Re: dungeon finder and raid finder, are we going to be able to enter a random queue for, say, Burning Crusade raids and Wrath of the Lich King content?" Currently, no. They've talked about it a little bit and their wonder is whether a sufficient number of people would queue for that. Most people are looking for transmog gear and achievements, so they're not sure if the Raid Finder is a good fit for those goals. They'll see, though. In the future, they can. It's not off the table, it's whether enough people would do it.

7:06 pm "Dungeons visible in the outside world: BC had these. Why did you guys decide to move away from that model?" Over time, they've had dungeons in the outdoor world, e.g. Scarlet Monastery. It's just one of the things they didn't focus on much. Stormstout Brewery, the quest guys you'll see both inside and outside, you can interact with many NPCs on a quest basis solo. They want it to have a sense of place in the world.

Scale is definitely unique to MoP however. They've done it with stuff like Zul'Farrak, but this is a very new approach.

7:07 pm "Given the increased focus on doing multiple things, are we going to be able to do quests in a raid group?" Stockton says great question. Not a lot of reasons they don't allow that, although they don't want large groups to trivialize small quests, but they might pull it. They did talk about it recently.

7:08 pm "Kick process; SOmetimes you try to kick people for being stupid and get a huge wait to do it even in a small dungeon." They have an internal algorithm for it that keeps track of how much you've kicked recently, modifies your wait time dynamically depending on how much you've kicked. You want to allow people to be kicked, but not for now reason.

Not sure how that works out with tanks who are often in the position of saying, hey this guy's offline...

7:09 pm "At the Cataclsym panel, you talked about 13 bosses in a tier. In later Cata patches, we saw 7-8 bosses respectively. Is that just the nature of patches, or do you want bigger raids in MoP patches?" Haven't finalized the tier plan yet. So many other ways to get loot to players, and they want to make sure all the different ways "match."

7:10 pm "In Cata there was a steep jump in difficulty between level 85 normals and level 85 heroics, and the side effect is that you had to run the same 2-3 normals over and over again. How do you plan to handle this in MoP?" Not planning on having level 90 normal dungeons at all (interesting). Challenge modes allow them to circumvent some issues. Extra difficulty will be challenge modes, rather than necessarily heroics.

7:12 pm "Hard mode toggling: Ulduar was the first hard mode and everyone liked it, but you had to go to the internet to figure out how to toggle. They you went to on/off toggle. Can we go back to having Sartharion bring drakes, etc., the Ulduar model? More fun for players than just the toggle." I agree, frankly. Developers: That was fun and compelling for players, but in the end it was very difficult to come up with that mechanic for every single boss. Worked great for Freya and Iron Council and Mimiron. Didn't always work great for the others, though, with some very confusing hard modes. We can make it more consistent with the normal/heroic toggle, which is more understandable. You could screw up the Ulduar model more easily. They want to make things more understandable for all players.

7:14 pm "Legendaries: You guys randomly choose to give them to classes that haven't gotten them, but what if you made them an assortment of items per tier and you can choose which people to give it to." We could do something like that, but you'll lose the reason a legendary exists. Lore reasons for them to exist, story lines for them, etc. Specific and interesting gameplay to get them, particularly for the most recent one (Fangs of the Father). They like to make it for one specific type of gameplay as they feel it's more interesting.

7:16 pm "10 and 25 lockouts has been frustrating as it makes my alt spec a dead spec. I can't do the same current content as anything other than our main spec. Can Raid Finder fix this?" No lockout on Raid Finder, but you can only get loot once per week. You can use your character to switch specs to experience the content in multiple roles, just don't plan on getting loot each week for all of them.

7:17 pm "I was wondering, for Cata there were three raid that came straight out in the expansion, then Firelands. Have you thought about making the transition easier, tons of raid bosses at the start and then only 7? Happy medium?" Right now they're talking about raids with 6, 5, and 5 respectively at the start. Still not sure how many world raid bosses they want to do. They don't want it to feel like such a big jump between bosses. They need to have enough bosses that distribute loot correctly, but it comes down to time.

7:18 pm "Classic dungeons: Will we ever see a heroic Stockades or Hogger world boss?" You never know, we might do more classics. They're a lot of fun to do, well-received by the community. Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep were supposed to be for patch 4.1, but the dev team thought they were too cool to keep sitting around.

7:19 pm "In 4.3, only 7 bosses, but meant to be epic. I know this is just my opinion, but I thought they didn't feel all that terribly epic." He's not a fan of Firelands. Devs: That's not the reason the bosses were nerfed, they wanted people to experience Firelands. Extremely small percentage of people who saw Firelands, and we wanted people to see it before Deathwing became a boss. They felt they overtuned the bosses, their intent was not to rush content.

7:21 pm "For competitive raiders, have you thought about separating the 10- and 25-man raids for server-first achievements? Difficulty difference." They've discussed it. There's a definite difficulty difference, more so in some tiers than others.

7:22 pm "Are challenge modes for raids as well, and can they be unlocked immediately?" There's a chance they'll do them for raids, but they'll start with dungeons. As far as unlocking, they've been talking about using the "gold medal" to actually nerf the ilevel on your gear to keep making it harder and harder for you.

7:24 pm "One of the strengths of two raids on a single tier is giving raiders a choice as to how they'll progress through content. Single raid feels you're burdened with just getting to the end. Considered having a single raid with two 'sides' to it to progress to the end boss?" They're talking about it. Dragon Soul is 8 bosses. Raid Finder, for example, can't do 8 bosses in one night. That's a long commitment. Raid Finder breaks the raid into two halves specifically for this reason. Again, keeping content to smaller chunks is the ideal, e.g. Karazhan with its back door.

7:26 pm "For new dungeon challenges, ilevel reduction. How will you handle secondary stats that get reduced like hit and expertise?" Good point, they observe. Talking about how to handle trinkets. "Top men are at work!"

7:27 pm One more! "Why is it that Invincible was a 100% drop off heroic Lich King while you can get the red fire hawk off normal Ragnaros? Why give awesome mounts to people who don't deserve it?" Audience isn't sure what to make of this question, they're calling out different answers. Well, Raid Finder won't allow people to get the cool ancillary items, prestige items will stay in normal and heroic modes.

Last edited:
Diablo 3 will allow you do make unorthodox but viable builds! Ex. Melee wizard, petless witch doctor, etc. Pretty sweet that you don't necessarily have to be pigeon-holed into specific builds. Not all builds are equally optimal but at least unusual ones won't be pathetic.

the only thing that would suck me back into wow at this point would be people dropping some gear in world pvp or a real money auction house. Bf3 will keep me happy till diablo 3

Wow....really?....

Glad I wont be playing for long BRING ON BF3 SKYRIM & SWTOR

Wait a minute... Hunters lose melee weapons? That seems like a waste. I know I'll be in the minority but I actually liked having a quiver full of arrows (admittedly, I would have liked a separate quiver slot) and the rare "Melee Hunter" builds that were viable for a time. Wing clip etc... and all that stuff actually made sense as you were fighting that sometimes you used melee and sometimes you used ranged. Now its just a lot of point blank shooting with not even a dagger?

Panda's? Really?.....lol

That is fuckin retarded. Well if there was any reason not to get back into this time vampire this is it.

(Waiting for Panda's in Diablo 3)

Honestly thought this was a joke. I kept scrolling down on the first page waiting for somebody to say "Gotcha!" and post the real expansion.

Absolutely pathetic. This plus all the other great games coming out is the nail in the coffin. Cata was the end of it for me, I'm sure this will be for many as well.

There reasoning for doing this was to bring people back. I think it will have the opposite effect. At least Diablo 3 looks promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e5cxhAvlZA

Diablo III : Black Soulstone Trailer

So with the Prime Evils out of the picture, it looks as though the Lesser Evils (Azmodan Lord of Sin) are making there push for the throne.

How do you think Diablo will be brought back?

My guess would be that Leah is captured and turned into Diablo with the Black Soulstone or maybe she goes insane from the power of the Soulstone after finding/hiding it and turns herself into Diablo to fight Azmodan to keep him from becoming a Prime Evil.

One thing that concerns me though, is that we might not even see Diablo in the first installment of Diablo III. Now that Blizzard does episodic releases we may not see or fight Diablo until the second or third expansion of the game.

Last edited:
Thanks, kinda weak though on the SC2 front. I guess its the least successful franchise?

Mothership and Carrier removed? Wow. I would have considered the carrier as a staple unit in terms of its status, like the BC or Ultra. interesting.

How can you have a Diablo game without Diablo in it? He is just so badass...I don't care if they make it so that a group of pandarens put all of his ash pieces back together and did a 5-week Irish jig to reanimate him....WE NEED DIABLO!

How can you have a Diablo game without Diablo in it? He is just so badass...I don't care if they make it so that a group of pandarens put all of his ash pieces back together and did a 5-week Irish jig to reanimate him....WE NEED DIABLO!

speculation is that Leah houses an unawakened Diablo inside of her and that Cain is Belial

speculation is that Leah houses an unawakened Diablo inside of her and that Cain is Belial

Having Cain as the Lord of Lies would be pretty damn great, considering how "helpful" he was to the player in both Diablo games. Leah as Diablo would make sense considering the visions shown in the debut trailer.

Activision made me remove my video of the foo fighters playing from youtube >_<

Blizzard DOTA was terrible.

Can't wait for Diablo 3 and Heart of the Storm. One of my friends won an SC2 poster in a 2's tourny while there. Another friend and I won an SC2 poster signed by the entire dev team while playing the heart of the swarm demo 1v1. Very cool.

edit: I found it amusing that the WoW QA started to feel more like a roast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e5cxhAvlZA

Diablo III : Black Soulstone Trailer

So with the Prime Evils out of the picture, it looks as though the Lesser Evils (Azmodan Lord of Sin) are making there push for the throne.

How do you think Diablo will be brought back?

My guess would be that Leah is captured and turned into Diablo with the Black Soulstone or maybe she goes insane from the power of the Soulstone after finding/hiding it and turns herself into Diablo to fight Azmodan to keep him from becoming a Prime Evil.

One thing that concerns me though, is that we might not even see Diablo in the first installment of Diablo III. Now that Blizzard does episodic releases we may not see or fight Diablo until the second or third expansion of the game.

[url=www.diablowiki.net]Diablo Wiki[/url] said:
The story line of the game takes place twenty years after a few powerful heroes saved Sanctuary from the demonic onslaught in Diablo II. Those events took place out of the sight of the common populace, and have become myth or legend over the intervening years. Most of the principles are dead or insane, and no one has had any sight of the Archangel Tyrael since he destroyed the Worldstone, triggering an explosion that erased Mount Arreat and shattered the Barbarians' civilization.
Since the destruction of the Worldstone, those few humans (such as Deckard Cain) who did know of the danger to the world have been expecting an imminent demonic invasion, without the Worldstone to keep them in the Burning Hells. This has not happened because, and players will eventually learn, the two remaining lords of Hell (presumably Belial and Asmodean) have been building armies for a full-on invasion, intended to utterly destroy humanity.
Players will see small-scale demonic events, as in previous games, but the developers have promised that the scale of some aspects of the game, such as the siege on Bastion's Keep, will be amazingly large; far bigger than anything ever previously seen in the series.

This is how it's all supposed to work.

Hmm.. Holding off until an expansion for Diablo to come back would be acceptable... but damn I don't now how much longer I can wait for the story to unfold.. lol

Last edited:
Everything is meh to me so far. I don't get how people find WoW arena battles entertaining. I watched about 5 mins of the Grand Finale it was painful...

Back