Blizzard To Double Down on Warcraft and Diablo IPs

Blizzard should finally make that Ghost shooter game. Let it be an FPS. Make it so, commander

Unless they go back to D2 mechanics and skills \ stats, D4 will fail. I got bored with D3 pretty fast since the game is purely loot based. Every class is pretty much the same save for the loot- no need to create multiple characters of the same class.

And why haven't they created a new Warcraft RTS. It has been 16 years since WC3TFT. SC2 is already pretty old as well. Blizzard hasn't done shit for the RTS genre in quite some time. They seem to be more focused on kiddie games and mobile games.

Unless they go back to D2 mechanics and skills \ stats, D4 will fail. I got bored with D3 pretty fast since the game is purely loot based. Every class is pretty much the same save for the loot- no need to create multiple characters of the same class.

And why haven't they created a new Warcraft RTS. It has been 16 years since WC3TFT. SC2 is already pretty old as well. Blizzard hasn't done shit for the RTS genre in quite some time. They seem to be more focused on kiddie games and mobile games.
What would they even do for a story for Warcraft 4 at this point, WoW has given them one hell of a lore hole to dig out of and then what ever they do do in WC4 would have to be followed up in WoW as well. It would be a writing nightmare that will anger more than not. As far as a new Diablo sure but they have to do something completely different, D2 was great but its mechanics are stale, D3 was dull and they were way way too slow on content releases for it, making minor tweaks and calling it a season every few months doesn't count. They should have been working on new IP and given some of this stuff a break, if they are just starting on this stuff now it will be 2-3 years before its done and shipping unless they rush it in an attempt to please the fans but that's how we get crap titles that will sell because it has the name but will only work to diminish the brand over all.

Sounds like an all hands on deck scramble for D4 or they are laying off a WOW remaster team after they completed 90% of their work.

I think it’s easy to get bored with D3 but I think you also miss where the value is for many.

For example, I still play D3 three to four times per week. The aspects that are appealing is price to play (primary) and the relative time commitment. I can hop in for 10-20 minutes and have fun or sit for and hour or more and have fun and feel like I made progress in either case. Fun is a subjective metric. We have the most fun with 3-4 Man groups. Many don’t have the regular time committment to justify a monthly sub. In my case D3 fits the bill.

Every class is not the same except for being dependent on loot. Now that they have 10 armory tabs it’s easier to justify the one character approach. However before the last patch this was not the case. There’s many play styles in D3. A witch doctor doesn’t play the same as a demon hunter and a barbarian doesn’t play the same as a necro. The only constant is loot and you will find any game based on items is loot dependent.

D4 won’t fail. Mainly because the Diablo franchise has a pretty loyal fan base. If you think it will fail why hasn’t D3 gone extinct? We waited how long between D2 and the D3 release? D3 was by no means considered a failure.

ActiBlizz restructuring will help Blizzard if done right. We want a PC version of D4. However who ever does their analysis believes mobile is going to make them cash. Can’t blame them for wanting to get a share of that even though I would never consider D:I as a game I would invest in. When and if D4 comes out it will face the same scrutiny as D3. Everyone will be happy for a bit then the same complaints.

Almost feel like progression. You’ve completed complain fest Level 3 and now can move to complain fest level 4.

Reactions: Auer
like this
I think it’s easy to get bored with D3 but I think you also miss where the value is for many.

For example, I still play D3 three to four times per week. The aspects that are appealing is price to play (primary) and the relative time commitment. I can hop in for 10-20 minutes and have fun or sit for and hour or more and have fun and feel like I made progress in either case. Fun is a subjective metric. We have the most fun with 3-4 Man groups. Many don’t have the regular time committment to justify a monthly sub. In my case D3 fits the bill.

Every class is not the same except for being dependent on loot. Now that they have 10 armory tabs it’s easier to justify the one character approach. However before the last patch this was not the case. There’s many play styles in D3. A witch doctor doesn’t play the same as a demon hunter and a barbarian doesn’t play the same as a necro. The only constant is loot and you will find any game based on items is loot dependent.

D4 won’t fail. Mainly because the Diablo franchise has a pretty loyal fan base. If you think it will fail why hasn’t D3 gone extinct? We waited how long between D2 and the D3 release? D3 was by no means considered a failure.

ActiBlizz restructuring will help Blizzard if done right. We want a PC version of D4. However who ever does their analysis believes mobile is going to make them cash. Can’t blame them for wanting to get a share of that even though I would never consider D:I as a game I would invest in. When and if D4 comes out it will face the same scrutiny as D3. Everyone will be happy for a bit then the same complaints.

Almost feel like progression. You’ve completed complain fest Level 3 and now can move to complain fest level 4.

Pretty much how I play D3 as well. I think it's pretty much impossible for Blizzard to meet the expectations of the Diablo fan base tho. Yet they all will buy and play whatever comes out. Myself included.
In the end it's cheap entertainment.

Also D3 looks awesome in 4k :)

While not very deep in to it yet WH40K Inquisitor - Martyr has been a pleasant surprise for me in the current ARPG market too. Worth $50.

Reactions: Gavv
like this
The elephant in the room in my opinion is, where is World of StarCraft? Lets face it, they got lazy and giddy when WoW was a money printing machine. New engines should have been invested in, along with continuing franchises. As for Warcraft 4, they can easily put out a new engine and work the WoW expansions in until they catch up lore wise and then release new content that WoW could follow, in my opinion

Back