Blizzard MMO

Sixthsense

I Suck Fat Ones
Saw this at Blues, there is speculation that there might be a MMO headed torwards the console platform.

mmovl7.jpg

ok, so next gen, meaning next gen console?

http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/

Look at the job openings on the top right

no.. next-gen = next-generation MMO.. as in past this generation. never does anyone even say console

Now that their in cahoots with Activision, wouldnt surprize me if theres some console stuff coming.

Wouldnt mind playing a little World of Lost Vikings on my PS3.

It will be PC only. By next gen they probably mean in 3-4 years. Blizzard wouldn't risk their reputation by putting an MMO on a platform where its almost sure to fail.

It will be PC only. By next gen they probably mean in 3-4 years. Blizzard wouldn't risk their reputation by putting an MMO on a platform where its almost sure to fail.

Who predicted that an mmo was capable of having 10 million subscribers and being ingrained in mainstream pop culture before World of Warcraft was released? Everquest was the closest thing before then and that basically had the social stigma of dungeons and dragons- closed door geek crap that nobody else cared about.

Have mmos on consoles generally failed? Yes, but there hasn't been a good one, and crappy mmos fail on the pc all the time too.

A console mmo in many ways makes sense for blizzard because
1.) They're in complete control of the pc mmo market and another title there would, to an extent at least, fragment their user base.
2.) There hasn't ever been a good console mmo, and if they can make one, the entire market is theirs for the taking. Developers are leaving the pc left and right, either completely or for cross platform titles. Its only a matter of time before someone figures out how to do an mmo right.

Universe of starcraft please.. on second thought, NO! I have no life as it is and I would be compelled to play a starcraft mmo. I do actually wish they could put an mmo out for the consoles, as I really don't want to have to build a new pc.

Back