Blizzard Heroes of the Storm Alpha

LoL, Dota, MOBA...Damn I must be old...Don't know what games those r

Seeing as how DOTA has been around for almost 10 years, you must not be that old :p

Looking forward to this when it comes out. My biggest complaint with DOTA is it feels too repetitive with one map. Blizz has some of the best character design too.

I've been loving every minute of the game.

No 20 minutes of laning before the game actually starts.

No people trying to outdo each other for kills trying to buy their gear so they can look leet

Talents over Items means they can do better balancing of the heroes.

Every match is up in the air right to the very end... I've seen golem matches where they had the best golem 3 times, but still lost because we started sending merc camp after merc camp...

So far Nova, Valla, Sgt. Hammer and Sonya have been my favs to use.

I get why people dig MOBA's. I used to play Heroes of Newerth religiously, but there really isn't a ton of skill involved. They're just communication based once you learn all the heroes, items, and synergies.

That....and the games take FOREVER.

This is just my opinion.

You should go back.

They have MidWars now, which is basically a map where everyone goes mid.

So its 5v5 group fighting battles right from the start. There is no laning phase; most matches last between 20 and 30 minutes. You dont lose gold upon death and gold per kill has been increased. If you are decent you can have good items around the 15 minute mark; Also, you don't need to worry about that douchebag who farms jungle creeps the entire game to come out during the last 5 minutes to rape your entire team.

Oh, and the respawn timer is really short. I think at lvl 25 you only need to wait 15 seconds to respawn.

Its really so much better, most people play midwars now. Infact I strictly play midwars.

This means I can throw $10 here $20 there, come home after work, open a beer and get to slice people around using Zeratul and I don't have to grind 8 hours a day to unlock crap?
As a person with a full time job and a pretty good income, I would like to say that I am in and fully support pay to unlock game structure.

This means I can throw $10 here $20 there, come home after work, open a beer and get to slice people around using Zeratul and I don't have to grind 8 hours a day to unlock crap?
As a person with a full time job and a pretty good income, I would like to say that I am in and fully support pay to unlock game structure.

So am I, and Blizzard has been pretty good with this, unfortunately the problem with this becoming more and more commonplace is that companies succumb far too easily to the temptation to 'force' customers into paying.

Is this going to be handled just like Hearthstone?
As in micro-transaction shit out of it, but put 'beta' as an excuse when asked why it isn't supported like a paid game?

I will need to check my email, I am a fan of DOTA but the learning curve is insane..... this game I have heard is fun, and not as micromanaged.

Back