Blizzard Digital downloads utilizes Peer to Peer?

Sixthsense

I Suck Fat Ones
I found this interesting, I opted to install WC3 FT using Blizzard's digital dowload store

Since under Peer ID it states "BLZ...." for all except a blizzard site, wouldn't that mean that you are using Blizzard servers?

No, it likely means that the people you are peering with are also using Blizzard's download client.

They've been doing this for downloading content patches for World of Warcraft for years. Makes sense they'd use it for other things as well.

I checked again, its a cross between Peer to peer and Blizzard's own server hosting the image. There is an option to opt out of peer to peer under view>preferences

I checked again, its a cross between Peer to peer and Blizzard's own server hosting the image. There is an option to opt out of peer to peer under view>preferences

Yeah, I was thinking that after I posted. Good to know.

If you opt out is that ul and dl ?
HELL my ul is higher than my dl.
F buzzard they pay nothing for support but charge a fortune for it.

If you find a torrent that links to Blizzard's files, you can download any of them through a torrent application of your choice. Most of the time, the HTTP Direct Download is faster but not always.

the torrent will be faster for the latest patch, but anything older you want the http.

Back