Blizzard buys Candy Crush...World gone mad.

Because no one here has a defense for blizzard going from AAA titles to the mobile gaming market? please anyone. feel free to speak up.

They fucked up D3 with childish mechanics and RMAH (which was undoubtedly a test for Titan), then backpedaled.
They fucked up WoW with childish mechanics and homogenization and lack of actual new content, cutting the last expansion in half
They fucked up Starcraft with no LAN play and a segmented community.
And now they're pushing for the straight to cash Mobile Audience.

Weee Go Blizzard! Another once great developer is now a mobile games developer! AWESOME!

Okay. They made some missteps. I'm sure everyone will reasonably agree with that. What I don't think we will agree on is just "how big a deal" that all is.

Blizzard more than any other gaming company I know of adds more content and supports its games for longer. D2 was supported for 10 years. So was SC. WoW has been around forever. No other company does this. Additionally no other company has nearly as much polish on its products as Blizzard does. You can try and debate that all you want, but even if you argue that they're not doing something original, what they are doing they are doing very well. Much more cleanly than anyone else.

I won't say that they're perfect. They aren't. No game, no company is. But quite frankly your statements just come off as contrarian. I think you hate Blizzard on principal. Not really because of anything they've done. And I say that even despite your 'complaints'. If nothing else, you can't argue their business acumen.

I was devastated to learn Blizzard was in it for the money. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Truth is, Blizzard hasn't been independent for a long, long time. It was never "special" to begin with.

All companies are in it for the money. Everyone has to eat. The lucky ones are able to do what they love and get paid for it. I would say that their people still have that passion and do what they love. If you've got that then that is what makes the product worth purchasing, or not. Blizzard is not a high-end high-volume game company.

Last edited:
I seen they made a new expansion to wow with som edeamons...and it looks like they are using the same skins for the being demons that exist in the world atm..nothing new there beside they use other colors..typic

I seen they made a new expansion to wow with som edeamons...and it looks like they are using the same skins for the being demons that exist in the world atm..nothing new there beside they use other colors..typic

Demon hunters have been in Warcraft lore forever, they are not new. They are making them a playable race.

Back