• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

bleh no power after shutdown!

grav

n00b
Joined
Dec 6, 2003
Messages
48
ok so my uncle was given an old pc (333mhz) and he asked me if I could go on there and delete some programs/files. I uninstalled some programs and deleted some folders. then i deleted 2 big folders one was leftover files from "The Sims" installation, forgot what the other one was. Well after it was finished deleting it freezes (Win98), I crtl+alt+del and press shutdown. It shuts down fine as far as I know. I see a quick screen with orange text that I believe said "it is now safe for you to power off your pc" but just for a second and it powers itself off. I press the Power button and bleh no power! Now it wont start back up. hehe

When I first got the PC I didnt even have to press the power button, it powered on when I connected the power in.

hehe sounds weird to me - worked fine untill a shutdown and now wont power up. something must of happened between me pressing ctrl+alt+delete and the actual shut down, but what? hehe *never moved from the chair*

I have no extra parts around so i cant test anything but just asking what could have gone wrong in those 1/2 minutes. hehe
 
Try unplugging the ATX connector connected to the motherboard from the power supply and plugging it back on(while off of course). Some power supplies are weird like that.
 
mayhaps the power button is stuck/jammed. see if you can remove the faceplate and examine the power switch.
 
by the way, does anything happen when you try to power it up? is the fan in the PSU even turning when you power it up?
 
hehe nope nothing. just wondering what could of happened? a short maybe? or PSU decided to give out at that time?
 
I suppose you tried to unplug it from the wall, and/or smack the pc?


..."hehe!"
 
oh course, used the plug my current pc is using.

and thanks for the quote "hehe" - always using it, bad habit i guess? dont know hehe

and see there it goes, automatically put onto some sentences!
 
Back
Top