Blazing HOT!! Logitech z-5500's for 129 w/ FreeShip

No doubt it was a price mistake. ZZF is now listing it for $289. Congrats to those who got it for a $1xx. I bought my Z-5500 almost 2.5 years ago and they still sound great. I bought it for $22x. To the guy said all Logitech speakers sound the same ... that was a pretty idiotic statement.

I'm so mad I missed this. I've been wanting these in a bad way.

Does anyone have any info on the new ones that are replacing these?

What pisses me off is i check 10 mins after and it was OOS. WTF, its only 10 mins!!!

Heh, sorry man. I saw it and posted it as soon as i could :D

It's the slickdeal effect, and shit goes out fast and you gotta be lucky to see it first..

I have my Z-5500 running 3.1, and I've tested out the Z-2300 which is a 2.1; the difference is night and day. The Z-2300 just does not seem to have the same "umph" in both sound and bass.

exactly, they all have the same muddy sound signature and overly excessive bass and the dB is increased with every step up in the line.

But they are fine for you gamers and not critical music listeners.

take a listen to the lower-end Klipsch 2.1 system or the $100 Swan 2.1 system, totally blows the z-5500 out of the water.

I'm so mad I missed this. I've been wanting these in a bad way.

Does anyone have any info on the new ones that are replacing these?

I spoke to a Logitech guy back at QuakeCon in August, and he assured me that the Z-5500s weren't going anywhere for quite a while because they found a product that worked, and that everyone loved. IIRC the z-680's or whatever they were were on the shelves for quite a while before the 5500's came out, and they just released these new G51 speakers.

Also going by the fact that no one else had this sort of insane deal leads me to think that they're not getting rid of them, but that ZZF got a massive stock and just wanted to offload a whole bunch really quickly.

exactly, they all have the same muddy sound signature and overly excessive bass and the dB is increased with every step up in the line.

But they are fine for you gamers and not critical music listeners.

take a listen to the lower-end Klipsch 2.1 system or the $100 Swan 2.1 system, totally blows the z-5500 out of the water.

I guess but you don't have surround with 2.1 obviously. I like surround for movies and games....Music is not the best on these though. These are not audiofile speakers but they are decent and I enjoy mine in my bedroom.

QFT because I own 'em. Nothing else like 'em out there, nothing. :)

Comparing the sound quality of 2.1 systems to a 5.1 system :rolleyes: gee which is going to sound better with music...

Lets compare your 2.1 to the 5.1 sets with surround sound, oh wait! No surround with 2.1 :confused:

eh, I've heard the klipsh 2.1, they don't sound that good.

Agreed, for "computer speakers" they are OK but thats about it.

Also going by the fact that no one else had this sort of insane deal leads me to think that they're not getting rid of them, but that ZZF got a massive stock and just wanted to offload a whole bunch really quickly.

They coulda priced them at $199 and dumped them just as fast. $129 is about 50% of normal retail price.

Someone screwed up.

Comparing the sound quality of 2.1 systems to a 5.1 system :rolleyes: gee which is going to sound better with music...

Well actually, since music is mostly 2.1 (except for some funky remastered Dolby Digital stuff) it is actually fair to compare the two with music.

With regards to the speakers, they're top of the line computer speakers. Sure you can get better, if you venture into proper stereo gear. But there is no way you could beat this price/performance ratio.

I'm just rotten that I missed the deal :(

Fox

No doubt it was a price mistake. ZZF is now listing it for $289. Congrats to those who got it for a $1xx. I bought my Z-5500 almost 2.5 years ago and they still sound great. I bought it for $22x. To the guy said all Logitech speakers sound the same ... that was a pretty idiotic statement.

Got a phone call . . . price mistake . . . no dice.

:(

Not to pat myself on the back too vigorously .... I knew it was a price mistake. ;) These speakers are too good to be sold that cheaply.

There was a deal on Amazon for these speakers yesterday for something like $160'ish shipped AR. It was on the front page of slickdeals.net.

got mine this past tuesday, and setting them up after work...

thanks soo much to the OP, b/c I've been wanting to get a set of these for a long time....but I couldn't spare the $ since the wife would have killed me hahaha, but for $129.99, the wife gave me the ok....actually, I bought 1st, then showed her why it was a killer deal haha

Back